Champagne Problems pt. 1

Spiderman No Way Home spoilers in case you haven't seen it yet

Dear Diary:

I can't believe what happened today. During lunch, the homecoming committee, AKA Liz, asked me if I could hang up a bunch of homecoming flyers around the school. Of course, I wanted to say no at first, and then I realized maybe they'd respect me more if I did this for them, so I did. At first, I was worried I would be late to my next class.

But thank God I did it. Because while I was running to try and make it to class in time, I ran into maybe the cutest boy I've ever seen. His name is Peter Parker and he's maybe the cutest boy at the school. He's got cute brown hair, cute brown eyes, a really cute smile- okay, everything about him is cute!!

He helped me pick up my stuff, including the bajillion flyers that went all over the floor, and then took me to the nurse. I've got a nasty bruise on my knee and a small paper cut on my arm from the papers, but I don't care. At least the visit got me a nurse pass and I wasn't counted as tardy to my class.

I totally have a crush on Peter Parker, though, and don't quite know what to do about it...

Signing off, (Y/f/n)

~~

Dear Diary:

Peter Parker is in three of my classes. I can't believe I've never noticed him before, but maybe it's because he sits in the back of the room and rarely answers any questions. When he does, he's right (of course).

I haven't talked to him since we (literally) ran into each other. It's too scary. He's so cool, I'm surprised he isn't more popular. Whenever we make eye contact, he always smiles at me. Once he did a little wave. Maybe he likes me back?

I've noticed he only has one friend, Ned Leeds. They hang out a lot and I heard them talking about Star Wars one time. Nerdy and cute. The more I learn the better he becomes.

My whole thing is I don't know if he likes me back or not. So, my plan is to try and become his friend. It might be hard since he's super closed with Ned, but I'm going to try. I'll start small, offering him gum in class or something, maybe even grouping with him on a project. Luckily we have a class together he doesn't have with Ned so I cam be his friend in there.

This feels like manipulation, but I'll do my best to be as genuine as possible. Cause, I mean, I'm not trying to manipulate I'm trying to be his friend (and maybe more).

Signing off, (Y/f/n)

~~

Dear Diary:

Jeez, okay, it's been a long time. I've really forgotten to update this little book on my life, haven't I? Well, I'll just skip to the good parts:

Peter and I are pretty good friends at this point. I've met his Aunt May- who is the sweetest person- and we've hung out after school a bunch. He hasn't met my parents for good reason, but I told him about why I don't really like people coming to my house.

But something weird is going on, and I guess I can call this the "bad" part: he's totally hiding something and Ned is in on it. At homecoming, he went with Liz because he totally had a crush on her. He was excited when he told me about it, but then when I saw him arrive he looked really shaken and scared.

I would've asked what happened, but he talked to Liz briefly and then ran, and I mean ran away. When I wanted to ask Ned, he left too. I hung out with this girl Michelle Jones or MJ instead. She's chill and I think she's got a crush on Peter too.

She's so cool though, I just don't want to hate her. Maybe I'm going slightly insane, I mean, I don't even know if Peter sees me that way or if I'm just his friend.