Puppies Part 4

Requested by iamKhrfan123

Parts 1-3 can be found earlier in the book :) A quick reminder: you, the reader, are a dog

The Avengers have been loving the new additions to their family- the puppies! Well, not so much puppies anymore. They've grown up and are starting to get into the pre-teen part of their dog lives. This is no different for you.

Steve and you have been enjoying several days at the park per week. It's so normal at this point, that the other park patrons don't bother the all famous Steve anymore since they've already done so once or twice. It doesn't stop them from watching and videoing, but Steve was okay with that. As were you.

Today, however, was a day close to the beginning of fall, meaning the cool weather was settling in and you didn't have to pant as much to stay cool. The sun was warm, but the breeze cooled the rays off some as they came down. It was perfect.

But then, the dreaded words. "Come on (Y/n), let's go home," Steve said. He had already grabbed your ball and other toys, and was coming to put the leash back on.

You, however, were not done enjoying the park. An idea popped up in your head: run! So run you did. He chased you around for a bit, entertaining bystanders and causing more phones to come out.

It was so much fun! Until Steve grabbed you and was able to put the leash back on. "Okay, now we're done at the park," he said with a smile and a laugh. He never got mad, even if you did something bad like try to snack on a pair of his shoes.

Today was the day you decided to push your luck. When Steve set you down, you refused to move. No matter how many times he called you and (lightly) tugged on the leash, you had your paws planted in the ground and wouldn't move.

Steve sighed. "Really, (Y/n)? Can we please go home?" he asked. Of course, you wouldn't respond, but he knew that you understood what he was asking.

And yet you wouldn't budge. Finally, Steve sighed and walked over to you. You thought he was going to pick you up, but instead he unclipped your leash. "Fine, if you want to stay you can!" He wasn't mad, just accepted it.

You barely wasted a second and started running around again. There was a great spot in the grass that you rolled around on. It was great! You got up, shook off, and then looked to see where Steve had just been.

He was not there anymore.

Your head tilted and you looked around. Steve wasn't there, or there, or...

He left. He wanted to go home and you didn't, so he left and let you stay. You didn't know what to think of this, considering it would be very hard for you to get back home. So you sat. When your looking around didn't result in any, well, results, you sat and waited.

Obviously he would come back for you, you just didn't know how long that would be. In the meantime, you could play around more, but you were too worried about Steve being gone to think about that. And you were hungry.

(Over behind a tree, Steve snickered as he watched his very confused dog sit and look around.)

Oh well, you knew the way back home well enough. So off you went, going the way Steve always led you. It was a simple enough path. You just had to cross the street a couple times, which isn't that bad, until you get to that street.

It's a very busy road. It usually ends up taking a few minutes before people can cross.

As you approached the road, you saw what looked like a cat and some very small cats with it- kittens! You figured out the big cat was the mom and they were her babies. She looked very scared and was standing in front of her babies very protectively.

You watched for a second, curious what was happening. The mom tried to start crossing the road when cars would go away, but she would jump away quickly when a car sped by.

This was your moment. Steve was a hero, why couldn't you be a hero, too? You walked up to the crosswalk, waited until there was a large enough gap, and then stepped out into the road. There was a yell behind you as a car came towards you, but it stopped.

You looked at the cat, and there was a sudden understanding of what was happening. She, along with her babies, started crossing the road. Very carefully, you walked over to the other side of the car and stood in front so the next car would stop.

Steve was up on the sidewalk, watching the whole thing. He had yelled, terrified of what was going to happen, until the driver stopped. Then, when the cats started to cross, he pieced it all together.

He wasn't alone on the sidewalk. "Let's help them out," a stranger suddenly said, and went onto the crosswalk ahead of you to get the next cars to stop.

You looked up at the humans helping you and your tail wagged. You couldn't believe it! These people were helping all because you did. It made you feel wonderful and you could barely contain you excitement.

The cat and her kittens got all the way across and the people cheered as they got off the road. Even the drivers seemed to not mind the stop. Once you were all the way across, you shared a look with the cat, who didn't approach but still made it obvious she was thankful.

Suddenly, you were being picked up. But you recognized the scent. "You did such a good job! You're such a good dog!" Steve praised and gave you all sorts of scratches on your head and back.

Your tongue flopped out of your mouth as you smiled. This was a good day at the park. Maybe he'd be more inclined to let you stay longer now that you were basically a super-dog.

~Fin~

Here's a cute, short little story! I feel like this length is a bit more popular, so I figured I'd go for it! Hope you guys enjoyed, and please feel free to send me a couple requests if you'd like to see something more specific, you know? I just ask you give me some time lol

(Shameless plug time) Please feel free to check out my other books on my profile, since I will be a bit more inactive than usual since I'm now at college and need some time to adjust to my new lifestyle and living with a roommate. They're pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Bye Lovelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!