Catching Up

Catching Up

You were a high level agent at SHIELD, and were just tasked with the biggest assignment of your time in SHIELD.

"Sir, are you sure you don't want to task Agent Hill or Coulson to this? Agent Coulson would enjoy this so much, he'd be fanboying about it," you tried to reason with Director Nick Fury walking ahead of you.

"I know Agent Coulson would be head over heels about this assignment, which is why I tasked you Agent (Y/L/N). He wouldn't be as focused. I can at least trust you to get him all caught up on the modern times," Director Fury counter. He kept walking to his office and you stopped, hanging your head down and sighing in defeat.

See, you were tasked with helping the newly defrosted Captain Steven Rogers with readjusting to the modern world. He had no clue about modern day technology, laws, or even the fact that African Americans now have equal rights as whites. You always had a crush on the super soldier, and were worried that those feelings would get in the way of working with him. And you also knew that he was still most likely hung up on Agent Margret Carter, or Peggy as most close to her called her.

You finally decided to head on over to the apartment SHIELD offered him. Another thing that worried you is that he'd be opposed to the idea and you'd have to discuss that with Director Fury again. This would...be interesting.

~~

You had changed out of your SHIELD issued uniform and into a nice white blouse with long sleeves and skinny jeans, and a pair of tan wedges to go with it. You thought it would look less official and intimidating, and more friendly and open to him. As you walked up to his part net door, you stopped, and thought for a second. Of course you were extremely worried about the fact that he might spark the feeling you have for him, and you were worried that it would drive him away. But rather than focusing on that, and the fact that you just got twice as hot as you were standing in the 68° hallway, you knocked on his apartment door. Three hits.

The man inside wasn't expecting company today, was he? Steve didn't remember Fury saying anything about anyone coming over. He still had on his tan pants and white SHIELD issued shirt from when he was recovered. It was really all he had to wear, since he hadn't had time to go out to get stuff. Well, or the money, to be honest. So, Steve got up anyways and went to the door to open it. When he did, he saw you there and thought you looked gorgeous.

"Hi," he greeted. You stood awkwardly in the doorway for second, before ignoring his muscled physique and looking him in the eyes. Those ocean blue orbs you could get lost in for hours-

"Hello. My name is Agent (Y/F/N) and I've been assigned to you by Director Fury. He wants me to help you adjust to the modern world," you explained briefly. Steve nodded, before allowing you into his apartment. You walked in and soaked everything in. There wasn't a lot in there, just a few pieces of Captain America memorabilia that Steve had on some tables and such.

"Your apartment looks nice. How are you doing so far here?" you asked, wanting to get straight to the point and avoid any possible run-ins with your feelings that were spiking right now as you stood in this legend's presence. You looked up at him and saw a small smile lingering on his lips.

"You're being so formal. It's a little funny," he responded to your questioning stare. You blushed slightly, before regaining your composure and going back into SHIELD agent mode.

"Mr. Rogers I-" he cut you off before you could even get your main point across.

"Steve, please. Using my last name sounds too formal. If we are going to have to work together, then I need to get on first mane basis with you," he said. It made sense. The two of you would be spending lots of time together, and so it would be nice to be on first name basis. You decided to let down your harsh, serious wall for a little bit and actually befriend the guy.

"Alright then, Steve. Then you can call me (Y/N). Your point is valid...reasonable so I guess we can have a more casual work relationship," you said, frowning slightly at 'work relationship', because if anything you wanted a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. "So, where do you want to start. We can either do just modern day tech, or we can do the history of it all. Your choice Mr- Steve," you said, catching yourself at the end. You both shared a little smile.

"Well," he thought for a second. "I would like to be able to talk about a bunch of things and not get teased by people, so how about history. It'll help me understand the development of things anyways." You nodded, and Steve led both of you to a couch to sit and discuss.

Two hours later, Director Fury sent a message saying he needed you ASAP. "Sorry Steve, but I have to go. Director Fury wants me. When do you want to meet next?" you asked the blonde boy next to you.

"How about tomorrow, same time. That way I can get into a schedule," he suggested. You nodded, then waved him a goodbye before leaving the apartment.

~Three Week Time Skip~

"Alright Steve, seems like you understand everything. We even manage to fit in some pop culture stuff in there. I have to go, but maybe you can stop by SHIELD tomorrow and we can update Director Fury on your progress," you suggested. Steve nodded and before you could leave, he grabbed your wrist. You stopped and turned towards the man.

"Look, (Y/N), I've really had a lot of fun these past few weeks, and was wondering if...well, only if it's not too unprofessional," the soldier rambled on. You put a hand up, silencing him, understanding his point.

"Yes, Steve going out would be lovely. When and where?" you asked, helping the man out. He smiled at you, glad you caught onto what he was trying to say.

"How about at (Y/F/R) at 6:30 tomorrow night? I don't want to wait too long," Steve recommended. You agreed, before leaving his apartment happily. You couldn't wait for the next day.

~Fin~

A/N: So, I hope you guys liked this chapter! It was short, yes, but it was because I spent so much time on the 'Rescue Mission' one that my brain kind of ran dry. I'm working on the next one now, and requests are still open! I'll tell y'all when they have to close up.

Comment, vote, whatever, but I appreciate you guys getting me to 200 reads?! Yay!!! I'm so excited, you have no clue!

Bye Lovelies!!!!!!!