Christmas Special (2023)

A/n: Merry Christmas!

"Hey, (Y/n)!"

The voice cut through your holiday playlist and the noise of the hallway. You removed your earbuds and turned to see who it was that had called you.

"Oh, sup Parker?" You put the earbuds away and paused the Christmas playlist you had going.

Peter Parker, one of your closest friends at Midtown, came jogging up to where you were standing, by your open locker. "Hey so I was wondering if you're busy tonight?" he asked.

You thought for a second, then shook your head. "Nope. Cassie had a party planned, but her parents found the alcohol she was stashing for it and grounded her, so no more party. What's up?"

A smile appeared on his face. "Awesome- well not for her, but anyway, my internship is throwing a Christmas party tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" he asked.

You smiled and nodded. "Absolutely, yeah. This would be a good time for me to learn about what you actually do. What's the dress code?"

As you went about getting all your things from your locker, Peter checked his phone. "Tonight is... formal dress. Does that work?" he asked, looking up from his phone with worry.

It was an easy yes. "Yeah, I've got my junior prom dress, that should work fine. Plus my sister can help me get all dolled up," you said.

Peter's smile managed to grow. "Awesome, okay, cool. I will come to pick you up around seven? Will that work?"

You nodded once again. "Absolutely, yeah, just text me and I'll head down," you answered, already whipping your phone out to text your sister, (S/n), to see if she could help.

"See you then." You and Peter smiled at each other, then he hurried off. Once you had all of your things, you hurried to get back to your apartment.

Once there, your sister greeted you. "All right, tell me everything while you run around and get on a button-up shirt," she said. You got started, telling her all about how Peter has this internship with Stark Industries and they're throwing a party. He'd be there around seven to pick you up, so you had a few hours to get ready and calm down.

With some leggings and button up on, your sister sat you down and started on your hair. "So, what dress?" she asked.

"Prom dress from last year. Figured it should work," you answered.

She hummed, then after a minute of silence, gave you a look. "Do you think it was a friendly invite, or maybe he meant more...?" she asked.

You blushed deeply. "I'm not going to read too far into it. Plus, I didn't even remember to ask if- if Ned or MJ will be there, and they very well could be."

(S/n) shook her head. "Or... he's taking you as his date to this party. Just keep your options open."

Rolling your eyes, you mumbled a, "Whatever," and queued up some Christmas music to drown out the silence and your sister's prying questions.

She knew good and well that you had a horrible crush on Peter Parker. It was nearly impossible to act normal around him, but you still found a way to manage. It was probably the fear of rejection that forced you to do so. Plus, you weren't 100% sure he and MJ didn't have eyes for each other.

So, you were going to tread lightly. Things could go either way, and you needed to be prepared for the worst.

Once your sister was done with your hair, she moved quickly to your makeup. You wanted something gorgeous to go with the dress, so she did her best. It was a miracle you had a sister in cosmetology school.