All the Little Things Part 1

The Avengers had gone through quite a bit in the last few months. The Sokovia Accords had done a lot of damage to the strength of the team's bond, but after a few days of just talking it through, compromises were made and everyone had signed.

Steve and Sam had gone off and found Bucky and offered him a safe place to be where no one would try to kill him, arrest him, or control him. It was an offer unlike any other, and Bucky accepted.

Tony and Steve also had their own moment. The two sat down one day in a room and Steve broke the news about Tony's parents' murder. Tony would be a liar if he said it didn't hurt him. He yelled, tried to summon a suit to fight, tried to punch Steve, but in the end it was talked through. It was hard to grasp it, but Tony understood that Bucky had no control over himself and forgave him. They were pretty civil.

Everything seemed to have worked out well. So why was this giving them such a damn headache?

"Guys- please. Just listen for a second!" Steve yelled out. The arguing around him ceased and the Avengers let Steve continue. "The only thing to do is to bring her in to the facility and help her. She is a scared girl who just needs someone she can trust."

Rhodey shook his head. "There's nothing in the Accords allowing us to do something like that, though. I mean, Tony and I could try to talk to them to see if this is possible, but until then she's technically a prisoner."

Off to the side, Bucky stiffened at those words. He then glanced over to the side and looked at the girl, curled up and shaking in the corner of the room she was currently in. She wore dirty and ripped clothes and had a terrified look on her face that was being framed by dirty and tangled hair.

"She needs us," Bucky suddenly spoke, looking back over to the other Avengers who silenced at his words. He was getting more comfortable with all of them, which was great, but he wasn't the most vocal of the group.

Understanding the silent invitation to continue, Bucky cleared his throat and stepped closer. "I know for a fact that she's not some machine that was made by Hydra to kill like me. She was just a prisoner to them. Maybe she was on the way to becoming an assassin, but they never got that far..."

Bucky trailed off and looked to the ground. He had gotten just a bit too personal for his liking and decided that was enough. Luckily, by the sounds of the conversation picking back up again, Steve understood where he was going.

Once it was over, it was agreed to bring her back to the tower. Tony, Rhodey, and Natasha would be heading out to D.C. first thing in the morning to discuss the girl's future. Bucky hoped that she wouldn't become another prisoner.

"Hey, Buck, you okay?" Steve asked as he came over to his friend.

The man in question sighed and looked back over to the girl, who was currently being led out of the other room by Natasha and Sam. Wanda stayed back and observed from a distance, ready if needed.

"She needs our help, Steve. I know enough about Hydra and what they do to people to know that they have put her through hell. Somehow, she's made it without dying or becoming..." He couldn't finish the thought.

Bucky never wanted someone else to go through what he did. It was a life that he wouldn't wish upon his worst enemy.

Steve sighed and placed a comforting hand on Bucky's shoulder. "I know, Buck, trust me I do," he started. He removed the hand and crossed his arms. "Now, this part is for you, and I don't want you to get offended by it."

The other man looked confused, having no idea where Steve could possibly be going with this. Bucky didn't say anything and allowed for Steve to continue. "I don't know how good of an idea it would be for you to be near her at the moment," Steve said suddenly.