Roses

Roses
Edited 4-19-2020 (continuity errors)

*May or may not be slightly triggering to some people. I'm sorry if you don't like it, I was just inspired by a dialog prompt. Anyways, enjoy*

Being part of the Avenger meant many different things to you. Facing death almost everyday, being part of a love-hate group, and most importantly, everyone knowing where you lived. When you joined the Avengers before the accords, before their little civil war, you had said you'd stay in your old apartment until you could leave. Your contract was a bit strict. Plus, the apartment was secluded from all the horrors in your life.

Now, you were sitting in the tower, sitting and talking with Wanda.

"So, how have you adjusted here? Well I hope," you asked her. She smiled and laughed a bit.

"Yes, I've adjusted alright. You guys have been very welcoming and comforting. Especially after..." she trailed off. You knew where she was going. You took one hand off your mug of hot chocolate and placed it on top of hers.

"You don't have to talk about him if your not ready. Right now, lets just get to know each other more. Basic things, like favorite things," you suggested. Wanda sniffed and nodded. Then a smiled again.

"Alright, well my favorite color is red," she said.

"Mine is (f/c)."

This went on for about an hour. You and Wanda were still talking when Tony started heading into the room. He could here what you guys were talking about.

"Well, what flower do you like?" Wanda asked you. You simply shrugged. You knew what you hated, but not what you liked. "Roses?" she asked you. Immediately you shook your head.

"I hate roses. I'm allergic," you stated. Wanda was going to say something, when Tony interrupted.

"Pity. They're very romantic," he said simply. You looked over at him and smiled in greeting, Wanda doing the same. "So what were you ladies talking about? Girl stuff?" He asked.

"Just getting to know one another. We were figuring out favorites," you explained. Tony looked puzzled.

"Favorites?"

"You know, favorite color, favorite food, favorite song, things like that," you explained further. He nodded this time, getting what you were implying a second ago. You took a look at your watch and saw that it was 5:51.

"Oh shoot! I gotta go. I don't want to walk. Tony, can you drive me back to my place please?" you asked. He nodded and you got up. Wanda followed in suit.

"Can I come as well? We've spent so much time together today, why not spend more?" she asked.

"Yeah sure kid," Tony said, as he left down to the garage. You on the other hand, were excited she wanted to come with you guys. It meant she was trusting more and more. She followed you down the way that Tony had just disappeared through, and you made it to the garage. Tony got into an Audi R8,and you got into the passenger seat, Wanda going behind you.

The three of you set off for your apartment. The thought of roses started to bring back some memories that you didn't appreciate. But he was long gone, so you were okay. You had moved far far away from Washington state, and had purchased a secluded apartment for a reason.

"Alright, we are here. And it looks like you have a present?" Tony said the last part a bit confused. You were too, so you got out of the car and check out the thing taped to the stairwell leading to your apartment. It was above a bakery, and yo were the only person who lived there.

Wanda and Tony followed you out of the car, and watched as you picked up the little letter. You opened it, and gasped, before dropping it to the ground. There was a drawing of a rose, with a signature at the bottom.