Girls Night

Girls Night

You were new on the team, now the 4th female of the team at the tower (the others stayed in their respective places like space or California). Today was your first mission with everyone, and to say it took a lot out of you is an understatement. The kind of physical exertion you had today was something you weren't used to. What you were used to, was sitting on a couch, eating chips and dip, using your wind powers to mess with everything in sight.

How you got to the Avengers is a longer story, but the gist is you were discovered when you used your powers on accident outside (stupid churro just had to fall out of your grip) and Bruce had seen you use wind to fix it. He immediately approached you, just on the basis of wanting to see how your powers worked. That turned into him taking you to his lab, and Fury seeing you use wind to lift Bruce up off the floor. He said you were considered a threat to people with powers like those, yada yada, speech speech speech, and you were made a trainee for the Avengers.

Yes, it was fun, and you did get to train on your schedule, but you weren't ready for a mission for another few weeks. This one popped up randomly and Cap said you had to come, as they were short a couple people. You had no choice, so in your grey dry-fit t-shirt and leggings, you went on the mission.

You had absolutely no idea what to do, and how to work with the other Avengers. You hadn't gotten that far into your training. Natasha paired with you, and she was pretty flexible with working with you, but you nearly blew the weapons right out of her hands sometimes. It was embarrassing, and could've costed a life that was needed on the team. As soon as you got back onto the jet, you shut down and sat in your own spot, ignoring the people that came near you.

The jet landed and you were the first person off, rushing to the training room. There was nearly 0 energy left in your body, but you had to get your anger out somehow. You got into the training room and headed to the punching bags. Your powers disappointed you today, so they were being punished by being ignored. Petty, but it made you feel a little better.

You went off on that punching bag, and because of the mood you were in, you didn't wrap up your hands. The punches you threw hurt like hell and made your hands bleed. The anger you felt towards your stupidity on the mission over threw that. You punched that bag for over two hours, changing your form slightly, seeing if you could pull a Cap and punch it right off the hook.

You were so close to getting enough power to, when a person clearing their throat behind you interrupted you. The punching ceased and your panting was the only thing audible in the training room. You turned to face the person who ruined your punching session, and found Natasha standing there. Her head was tilted slightly and her eyebrows were creased.

"Are you beating yourself up after the mission?" she asked, knowing the answer. But you had a sarcastic dumbass mouth on you.

"No, I'm beating up the punching bag, but giving myself some punishment by not wrapping my hands or anything," you retorted. Natasha nodded and gave a little 'hm' out of understanding.

Deciding you were done punching the shit out of the bag, you walked over to a bench to take a breather. Natasha came over and sat next to you. "Well, Wanda, Carol, and I wanted to see if you would go out with us tonight. Girls night, you know?" Natasha asked you.

This question took you off guard, and you were genuinely surprised they'd want to have you go out with them. "Really?" you asked back.

"Yeah. Great bonding time. Besides, we all deserve a night out on the town," Natasha said. You agreed to go out with them, and Natasha told you to wear a super cute cocktail dress. Well, since you didn't have one because you never had enough money to get one, she let you choose from one of hers.