Christmas Special (2022)

Holidays had been your thing growing up. Everything from Easter to Fourth of July, you tried to do as much as you could. Your family was somewhat religious, but not very, so that wasn't the central theme to the events. It was a time to be together and celebrate that togetherness.

It lasted while it could, but then you were in an accident that gave you dangerous powers and moved to the Avengers Tower as to not hurt your family. They still loved you and hated that you felt the need to be far away. Of course you didn't want to be that far away from them, you just wanted to keep them safe. And until your powers were either fully subdued or under your complete control, keeping them safe meant staying away.

The Avengers weren't dumb, they noticed your sadness around the holidays. None of them really cared as much because all of their lives had found unique ways to forget about the holidays. Natasha was at the Red Room, Thor didn't know about them at all, Tony never had that loving family to celebrate the holidays with- the list goes on.

But they all had time to notice their newest and second youngest member struggling. Peter brought it up first one day.

"I noticed on (Y/n)'s phone, she had a lot of old pictures of her family celebrating the holidays. I think we should do something for her for Christmas this year, you know?" he mentioned to Tony one afternoon in the lab.

The billionaire nodded, really thinking about it for a second. You always did seem a little sadder around holidays- all of them, really- and figured that was why. "What better holiday than Christmas. All right, I need you to distract (Y/n) tomorrow afternoon while I scheme with the rest of the team, okay? You're gonna be distracting her a bit for a few days so be ready with plans."

Peter smiled and agreed to the plan. He and you weren't the bestest friends in the whole wide world, but you guys had some stuff in common, so he figured he'd make this work. Heck, he could even bring Ned and MJ along so they could have a whole group hang out watching movies or building Legos or something.

The next day, after you finished up some online classes, Peter stopped by your room. "Hey Web-Head, what's up?" you asked, turning around in your desk chair and tossing a stress ball in the air before catching it.

"Hey, if you're all done with your school work for the day, you wanna hang out? Figured you could meet some of my school friends and we could get to know each other better. I mean, we are the two closest in age. Next is Ms. Maximoff who's a bit older," he rambled.

You tossed the ball and thought about the offer. It sounded pretty nice, getting out of the tower. But what about your powers? You decided to voice your concerns out loud. "But what about my powers? I don't know if I'm ready to be outside and around other people..."

Peter shook his head and waved away your concerns. "Don't worry about it. This is sort of a chance for me to test out something I worked on with Mr. Stark in the lab yesterday." He pulled a bracelet out of his pocket and stepped forward to hand it to you.

As you inspected it, he kept explaining. "It's prototype, but it's supposed to be able to subdue your powers enough that you get to control them. Figured it's a good solution while Ms. Maximoff trains you with your powers."

You were stunned, not knowing that Peter had put so much thought into this... for you. It made you smile and you put the bracelet onto your left wrist. "Okay... well, then I guess I'm ready. Where are we going?"

He explained as you stood up and put on a jacket and put your phone in your pocket. His aunt, May, had said they could all go over to their place and have a movie marathon. You both learned a couple months back that you both highly enjoy Star Wars, as did his best friend Ned, so Peter decided that was the plan. May was even set on getting snacks and making dinner if needed.