Unloading Zone

Cyrus flipped his last pancake and dropped it onto the plate near by. He decided to try and cook them with out pre-made mix, which went about as well as you expected. Tj, awoken by the smell of food, followed his nose to the kitchen and smiled when he saw Cyrus laboring away.

"Mornin' Cy." Said Tj as he sat down at the bar area of the kitchen.

"Good morning Teej." Said Cyrus. "Decided to make breakfast today."

Cyrus slid Tj a plate of pancakes and the maple syrup. He then handed him a fork and knife. Tj drenched the pancakes in the syrup before cutting off a square shaped piece and eating it.

"Wow Cyrus! These are great." He said after chewing. "But uh... could you hand me a glass of water."

"Sure." Said Cyrus as he filled up a glass and handed it to Tj. "What's the need for the water?"

"The pancakes taste fine, but they are dry as hell."

"Rude! And mind you language." Said Cyrus as he took a bite of his own stack. He felt his mouth dry as he bit into the pastry. "Your right hand me the water."

Tj walked over the batter and inspected it. He noticed the lack of oil in the batter.

"Cyrus, they are dry because you forgot to put enough oil."

"Dang it!" He exclaimed. "And I thought I was doing so well."

"No matter." Said Tj. "I'll treat it like a Popeyes biscuit."

The two shared a laugh only interrupted by the ringing of the door bell.

Cyrus walked to the door and opened it. He was faced with Zach and Reed. Cyrus waved Tj to the door.

"What's up guys." Said Reed. "Me and Zach were gonna hop on the train to the city and hit up the mall. Want to join?"

"I can't, I have shopping to do with Andi and Buffy." Answered Cyrus who let Zach and Reed in before returning to the kitchen. Tj, Zach and Reed continued to talk in the foyer.

"I saw Gus hanging out with Hugo and Elijah the other day. I have not a clue why they are hanging with an 8th grader as a junior." Said Zach. "I fail to know the facts about this situation but Gus really is looking for trouble."

"He's mainly out to get Jonah and we are the collateral. I'm getting sick of it at this point. I just want him out of my life." Said Tj.

"Your preaching to the choir." Said Cyrus from the kitchen.

"But you guys don't know the lengths that kid goes through to try and get to Jonah. A dude lost his eye due to it."

"Why doesn't Jonah tell his parents. The principal?" Asked Reed. "Honestly, it might be easier for him to beat Gus up rather than sit there and taking the punches."

"Trust me he tried..." Remarked Tj. "Anyway, off this Gus subject. What's got you two out and about at 9 in the morning?"

"Oh! I was practically dragged out here." Zach said dramatically. "Never gave me a chance to say no."

"Quiet Zach, this is gonna be epic." Said Reed. "Us three are gonna take the train to the canyon to go white water rafting!"

"White Water rafting!? Who approved that?" Asked Tj. Reed pulled three tickets from his wallet and waved them in Tj's face.

"My pops won free tickets so he said we three should go. So, are you in? Cyrus are you sure you want to miss out?"

"Im totally cool. You guys go have safe fun. Be sure, Tj is back before sundown for Hanukkah night 1."