A Solid Maybe

Third person
Bex stood shocked she couldn't believe who was standing in front of her, on her porch. Bowie looked at Bex with confusion.

"What's going on her? You know him?" Bowie asked. Bex awkwardly shook her head.

"Yes..." She said. "Bowie this is Gabriel. Gabriel this is Bowie."

Gabriel stuck out his hand for Bowie to shake. Bowie idled for a second before taking Gabriel's hand and shaking it firmly.

"Nice to meet you." Bowie said.

"So... what brings you here?" Bex asked. Gabriel shifted his stance.

"I only come to say hi and let you know I'm back and on a mission."

"A mission for?"

"To find something important..." Gabriel said. "To find my son."

———————
*Meanwhile*

"I win!" Matias said with pure excitement. Tj fell back with disappointment. He had a card left.

"Looks like the master has become the apprentice." Marty said. Tj shot a look at him.

"Walker screwed me over." Tj said. Walker laughed as Tj chased him around with a slider.

During their game the power has since came back on. The group opted to just stay over, the second time since Andi's party. While Cyrus, Tj, Daniel, Walker, Marty, Jonah, and Matias all played video games upstairs along with Cyrus' step father, Andi and Buffy stayed down in the basement an talked.

"You know what's amazing...?" Andi asked.

"What?" Buffy asked.

"All of this... all of these new friends, relationships, and adventures... all from one summer."

"Yeah... If Tj never asked Cyrus out, you wouldn't even have talked to Daniel outside of school." Buffy said. Andi chuckled.

"Yeah... thank Tj." Andi said. "But the one thing I wish never happened was all the stuff with Gus targeting Jonah, Marty and Tj. Like what even happened to push him that far...?"

"I... don't even know." Buffy said. "It's crazy."

"Yeah..." Andi said. Her phone buzzed surely after with a bunch of texts from Bex. "It's Bex, wonder what she needs at... 12:30 at night..."

"We need to sleep..." Buffy said with a light laugh.

"Had a interesting evening... goodnight! Don't stay up to later then this text 😴" Andi read to her self. She wonder why her evening would be interesting as it was just dinner with Bowie. Then she shuddered at the possible interesting evenings for adults.

"Just a good night text." Andi said. "Let's go upstairs and see what the rest are doing."

——————
The next morning Andi walked into her house and shut the door and Bowie trailed behind her. Andi said hey to Bex before bouncing up the stairs to take a shower. Bowie jetted off to work at the record store soon after. Andi eventually bounced back down the stairs.

"Where's Bowie? Off to work already?" Andi asked. Bex turned around from the couch.

"Yeah... his boss called him in early." Bex said.

"Also what could have made 12 in the morning interesting?" Andi asked. Bex sighed.

"It becomes interesting when a toxic ex from years ago just pops onto your door step."

"Wait what!" Andi said quickly sitting down to Bex.

"Yup! There he was... standing at the door. In the flesh."