Interrupted Again

*Next day*
So what's the best thing to do here?" Reed asked looking up from his lunch.

"Depends on the time of year." Marty answered. "The holiday festival starts soon."

Tj looked over Reed's shoulder.

"Incoming..."

Elijah took a seat at their table. Marty let out a heavy sigh.

"What do you want Elijah..."

"Kip." He said sharply. "Where'd his ass go?"

"Of course you'd want to know...." Tj said under his breath.

"What was that dork?!"

"Where's Amber? I think she forgot to retrieve her dog."

Reed chuckled turning Elijah's attention to him.

"You think that was funny new kid?" He said. "I don't think you realize how things work around here but-"

"Elijah!" Mr. Johnson said sternly. "Leave the boy alone."

"Fine."

"I believe you have some catch up to do in your classes. Right?"

"Ugh..." Elijah groaned as he walked away.

"As for you 4." Mr. Johnson started. "You can change all the recycling bins in the school."

The four boys voiced their displeasure with the idea at once. Mr. Johnson shook his head.

"Stop your whining. The faster you get it done, the faster you can return to lunch, or class if it comes down too it."

"Mr. Johnson, with all due respect-"

"No buts." He said cutting Marty off.

"Dad please... we only have 30 minutes of lunch left."

"Do a good job and I'll give you 4 a pass." Mr. Johnson said. "The recycling cart is over there."

Reed let out a heavy sigh before going to dump his tray. He rejoined Tj, Marty and Zach at the cafeteria door.

"I can't believe him." Zach said with his arms crossed. "He had an entire lunch room to pick on and he chose us."

"Well... he is your dad." Tj said. "That kinda doesn't help our position."

"I know... and it sucks."

"How many class rooms are in this school?" Reed said dumping the first bin.

"A lot..." Marty said. "There's no way we're getting this done before the end of lunch."

"UGHHHHH"

———————————————————
Daniel approached the lunch table Buffy and Cyrus were sitting at. For some reason the cafeteria wasn't as crowded as usual.

"Hey Buffy, Cyrus." Daniel greeted. "Seen Andi?"

"Sorry Daniel. Haven't seen her." Said Cyrus. He checked his phone. "And she hasn't responded to my texts."

"She hasn't responded to mine either." Chimed Buffy.

"Darn.... I was hoping to tell her something..." Daniel said under his breath.

"Tell her what?" Cyrus asked causing Daniel to jump.

"Uhhhh... nothing... it's nothing." Daniel said sitting down. "D-don't worry about it."

"Right... I'm going to head to the bathroom."

Cyrus left leaving an awkward tension between Daniel and Buffy. Only to be broken by Jonah.