The Plan

"What do you mean, "you know why?" Asked Daniel.

"So, my dad, the non-biological one, is a lawyer, and he represented one of Gus' parents in court." Said Jonah. "I didn't exactly go very well and Gus' family was slapped with very hard fines."

The group murmured as Jonah continued. The light was low in the room as the sun had fully set.

"The fines put Gus' family in a hard place and they were forced to sell the restaurant they owned. Gus has been icy ever since."

"When did this happen?" Asked Cyrus. "And when did he decide to go after us all."

"It happened before school ended last year, just before our trip. I'm also not sure why he's been lashing out at yo- I- I'm sorry." Jonah stammered as he stood up. "I think I should go."

Jonah left the table and went straight for the door with out even looking back.

"Jonah hold on, there's a way to fix this-"

Cyrus was cut off the the front door of his house shutting. Visibly confused he sat down.

"I think Jonah needs time to think. He probably feels as if this was his fault."

The group sat in silence as Cyrus' mom brung in a pizza for them to share. They just didn't know what to say.

———————————————
The next day was abysmal for Jonah. Not only was he feeling guilty. Matias hadn't talked to him all day, his dog gave him a 5 mile chase down the road, and to top it all off, he had a pounding headache he could not shake. Then Gus approached.

"Jonah!" Said Gus. "Gosh you look horrible."

Jonah didn't give him an answer.

"Ah, the silent treatment, Classic"

Jonah slams his locker shut.

"What do you want Gus?" Jonah asked pointedly.

"Just checking in on one of my friends."

"Friend?" Said Jonah. "A friend would go out of his way to get back at me for something I didn't do."

"Your just as guilty."

"Listen Gus. I don't know what I can do to fix this because someone lost their vision because of you."

"All part of the plan."

"What plan."

"You'll see." Gus stated before turning and sulking away.

"That kid is so weird..." Jonah thought to himself. He truly didn't understand. Matias then approached with Jack trailing.

"We have a killer idea." Said Jack with excitement. "Also check the scar."

Jack removed the makeshift eyepatch from the doctors showing a healing scar starting from the middle of his cheek ending just above his eyebrow.

"Now I look like commander Wolfe. Just without the cool back story."

"Anyways..." said Matias. "I've only been avoiding you all day because I was devising a plan with Jack. He believes the only way to get back at Gus is to publicly humiliate him. Which I find stupid. I think the only way to get back at him is to use his own plans against him."

Jonah pondered for a second. He rarely retaliated against anything. The first time being the fight Gus and Jonah got into.

"I don't know... don't you think that's the wrong way to go about things."

"Jonah... he shut down Cyrus' musical, tried to take Tj out, and most importantly he blinded my-"

"Matias please..." Jonah said cutting Matias off. "I can't deal with it anymore. I'm just gonna transfer schools and be done with it."

"Transfer?! You must can't be serious!"

"Do I look like I'm kidding." Jonah said in a low voice as he turned and walked away. Matias, dumbfounded stood for a few seconds before Jack broke the silence.

"So... are we still doing what we planned or..." Jack said which earned him a look. "Okay... I guess not."

——————————
After school Andi and Daniel took the long way home. Primarily to take pictures of the snowy park for painting ideas but Daniel secretly did not want to go to skating practice. There phones then rang simultaneously.

"SAVA!" They both said in unison looking down at their phone. Andi opened her email and immediately saw the bold CONGRATULATIONS at the top of the letter. Daniels letter however was slightly more discouraging.

"Waitlisted!" Daniel said out loud before plopping down on the snow bench they stopped in front of. "I thought I had a perfect chance of getting in."

Daniel scanned down the letter more to read "the class of 2025 filled faster than we thought and we would like to offer you a spot on the waitlist." Andi looked at Daniel with sadness in her eyes. She really hoped they'd attend together.

"You know I don't have to go." Andi said. "Why go to an arts high school when you can get an arts degree latter in life."

"Andi don't do that...."

"It doesn't matter to me. Besides, having to make new friends is tiresome."

"I guess."

Andi hugged Daniel before standing again.

"I think we should get going." Said Andi.

"Yeah- Wait wait wait! Is that Jonah?"

"He looks so sad.."

"I think we should leave him be for now." Said Daniel pushing Andi along. "Move along now."
————————————————
Jonah sat on the park bench. Was leaving Jefferson the right thing to do. His dad thought so, Bowie thought so. He even made an anonymous post to reddit where even they told him to just pack up and leave.

"This bench taken?" Said a man who when Jonah looked up was Gabriel. Jonah shook his head at Gabriel question, prompting him to sit down. "What's got you troubled?" Gabriel asked.

"A lot." Jonah answered. "I'm gonna try and move schools."

"Why would you leave all your friends behind? Is someone bothering you at school?"

"No- Y-yes." Jonah sputtered out. "It be a problem since the summer."

"Why don't you talk to some-"

"Because it makes it worse!" Jonah exclaimed. Disturbing the congregating snow birds in the trees above. "The dude literally took out someones eye. I think it's best for everyone if I remove myself."

Jonah marches way tuning out Gabriel calling his name. Visibly confused, Gabriel sat down again before an idea came to his head, and a good idea it was.

—————————————————
Cyrus and Tj sat on the couch as the played video games. As they do on weekends. Cyrus was, to Tj's surprise was beating Tj and Call of Duty.

"How-" Said Tj. "Did you use a cheat code or something."

"No." Said Cyrus. "I used my brain. Duh."

Tj scuffed. That's when the door bell rang.

"That's odd." Said Cyrus. "Everyone is busy today. Maybe the mailman forgot something."

Cyrus approached the door and opened it revealing a average height woman who looked to be in her 30s who had long blonde and brown hair. She had a purse slung over her left shoulder and a phone in her hand. She looked up at realizing the door had opened. Her eyes immediately landing on Tj.

"Tj!" She said. "Remember me?"

——————————————
Hmmm?

Thanks for reading

-Unkown