Show Down

Third person
"What's this open mic Matias is all hyped about?" Markus asked, walking next to Jack who was looking down at his phone.

"It's this show that happens one at the red rooster." Jack explained. "Quite entertaining actually."

"Really? How come I've never heard of this?"

"Maybe it's because you live under a rock Markus. It's not like you attend social events all the time."

"Heyy." Markus exclaimed with deep offense. "I attend social events. I went to our school formal. Oh, and I've been to the poetry slam."

"Really dude? A poetry slam?"

Markus nodded his head with a large smile on his face.

"Definitely helps your case..."

"Whatever..."

Jack and Markus eventually made it to Matias' house where they were happily greeted by his mom at the door. She let them in and pointed them up the stairs.

"Time goes by and still I'm stuck on you" Matias sang as he strummed a chord on his guitar. Jack and Marcus stood at the frame of his door.

"Stuck on who?" Markus asked causing Matias to jump.

"Oh look we scared him." Said Jack.

"Honestly you have to keep tabs on who is is standing at your door."

"Or you might be in for a nasty shock." Said Markus. He then walked in and grab the paper Matias was reading.

"Stuck by Imagine Dragons? Who are you stuck on?"

"Can't say..." said Matias. "You'd bully me for it."

Markus crosses his arms.

"Besides..." Matias said. "You'll find out later. Hopefully..."

"We shall see..." Jack and Markus said in unison. Matias shuddered.

"Please... don't do that again."

———————————-
"Tj..." Cyrus started. "My aunt and grandma are visiting and I need you to be on your best behavior."

Tj smirked. He found it funny that Cyrus would ask this.

"Of course Cyrus! Anything not to embarrass you."

"Tj I'm serious. They don't exactly know about... us. Well, my aunt doesn't.

"That would complicate things..." Tj said. "Not to worry, I won't say anything."

The door bell rang and Mrs. Goodman opened the door, greeting grandma Rose and aunt Ruthie. Mr. Goodman did the same. Cyrus' aunt and grandmother made their way over to him.

"Cyrus!" Rose said with arms extended. She wraps him in a hug and kisses his temple. "Look at you, growing taller by the day."

Rose then turns to Tj.

"Ah... you must be the Tj I hear so much about."

Tj awkwardly smiles and shifts his stance. Tj thought back to his own grandmother, who was always supportive of him as well.

Mr and Mrs Goodman lead Rose and Ruthie into the living room. Cyrus and Tj linger behind.

"This should be interesting..." Tj said.

"I just hope she doesn't whip out the baby book."

——————————————
Cecelia excitedly walked into the Mack household with 3 tickets in her hand. Andi and Bex looked at the exited women with confused faces.