When the Parents are Gone

"He comes he goes... he comes He goes...." Buffy said laying on her bed staring at the ceiling. "When will it end?"

Before Andi or Daniel could answer her question, Buffy snapped up.

"Don't answer that."

"Buffy... it can't be that bad. You can, face time or Skype every night." Andi said.

"Or you can send care packages in the mail." Daniel said. Buffy scuffed.

"How about a drone to make sure he isn't talking to any other girl."

"Marty wouldn't do that. It's not in his character."

Buffy sighed as she sank back into her bed. Staring yet again at the ceiling.

"It's going to be real hard not to think about him these next two and a half weeks..."

"I know, just... try and make it the best 2 and a half weeks ever." Andi said.

"You know what, your right Andi. I will make it the best two weeks ever. I'm gonna invite him over." Buffy said grabbing her phone off her desk.

"Uhh Buffy, don't you think it's kinda late?" Daniel said raking his hair back.

"That never stopped us before... and it's Friday."

———————————
"Snake... Danger noddle... nope rope..." Cyrus repeated as he searched around the family room.

"What are you looking for cy?" Tj asked from the entrance to the family room.

"My snake seemingly got out of its cage..."

"YOU LOST THE-"

"SHHH! Quiet Tj." Cyrus said covering Tj's mouth. "You forget we're watching my cousin."

"Right sorry." Tj said. "When was the last time you checked the tank?"

"Uhh, 30 minutes ago."

"Then he couldn't have gone far. Did you check the back? That's usually where-"

Tj paused when Cyrus gave him accusatory look.

"Where'd I'd look..."

Cyrus took a peek behind the stand and like Tj said the snake was there balled up in a ball.

"There it is!" Cyrus said with excitement. He carefully retrieved the snake and returned it to the tank. "How did you-"

"Shh... story for another time." Tj said. "Now can we get back to our movie?"

"Yes Teej..." Cyrus said kissing Tj's cheek. "We can."

—————————————————
*Next day*
"Hey Leo." Gus said as he approached him from the door of the spoon. Leo turned his attention from his friends and sighed.

"To what ever your gonna ask me to do... No."

"Who said I was going to ask you to do anything?" Gus said. He pulled a chair from the other table. "Just here to leave a message."