SIX

"So... how was it?"

   "How was what it?" I said as Rya asked as we sat on the bleachers of the football field.

   "How was what?" I asked, scrolling through Instagram.

   "You know, Roman?" I looked up at her. I spend the whole of last night calming her down and making up some elaborate plan. She was going to turn this herpes story into a sob story and cry to the Drama Club because 'she couldn't believe Christopher would be so insensitive and share such personal information for his own selfish sake'. We also made them cupcakes.

  Cupcakes fixed everything.

   "It was fine, we didn't do much." I answered. Rya raised a brow. "What?"

   "What did you do?"

   "Kissing?"

   "Like a makeout?"

   "Kinda."

   "Tongue?"

   "No."

   "Shame." She hummed and looked back at her textbook. "When's your next tutoring session?"

  I filled out the schedule last night after I got home from Rya's. I had nothing better to do and the sooner we had a schedule, the sooner I could get to graduating.

   It worked out like this:
Monday after school - French
  Wednesday morning, sigh, – Biology
  Thursday after school – Statistics
  Friday morning, another sigh, – World History
  Sunday afternoon – Chemistry

  So far, Tuesdays and Saturdays were Roman free which was a relief.

   "Tomorrow morning, we're going to the library because guess who's at the library at 7am?"

   "Who?" Rya dumbfoundedly asked.

   "Fucking no one." I smiled happily. I looked back at my phone and almost screamed. "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

  Rya jumped and closed her book. "What's happened?"

  I shoved my phone in her face, "Look!" Rya knotted her eyebrows together and studied the picture on my Instagram feed. It was a new picture Adam posted.

   "It's Adam?" She said slowly.

   "And?" I prompted.

   "He's in a bathtub?"

   "Look closer!" I commanded.

  Rya sighed, "Sienna, I can't see anything more than a half-naked Adam in a bathtub." I took my phone away from my face and zoomed into the picture. The mirror to the side of him in particular.

   "Look at that!" I shoved the phone back in her face. Rya rolled her eyes and looked again. "In the mirror, look in the mirror." I clarified. A few seconds later, Rya's mouth gaped.

   "No fucking way!"

   "Yes fucking way!" I pulled the phone away and groaned. It was hard to see, but in the mirror, you could barely make out and girl with golden brown hair, tan skin, wearing a black, oversize T-shirt. Adam's black, T-shirt.

  Leah fucking vanilla Kingston.

   "I thought Satan's spawn was keeping an eye on her." I noticed the nickname Rya had given Christopher.

   "I did too! What the fuck?" I sighed angrily and shoved the phone into my bag. "Why did this have to happen to me? Out of every fucking person in this school, God chose me to torment. Urgh!" I stomped my foot, and the echo went through the bleachers. People looked around narrow eyed.