FORTY TWO

❤︎ this chapter contains a warning x
___________________________________

  I didn't see Roman the next day at school. In fact, I didn't hear from him in the slightest. It got me worried. Had something happened? Was Skye okay? Was she in trouble again? But Skye had texted me that morning to tell me that her appointment with the doctor went well and they're moving her back up to her room sooner than she expected. I tried calling Roman to talk to him about the good news, but I got no answer, and I didn't want to bombard his messages like a creep in fear I'd annoy him away further.

I used to think that someone ignoring your calls was because you were the problem. Now, it's a half split because sometimes you could be the problem still, or the other person could. Nonetheless, I hated being ignored and even though Roman wanted 'time', this felt ignorant.

I tried to do my own thing for a while, keep up with homework, finish early assignments, read more than I ever have, but some things can never be taken off the mind and Roman was just one of those things.

Rya had been on cloud nine for the past few days, texting Taylor constantly and discussing dresses non-stop. I was happy for her, truly I was, and since Christopher wasn't being an annoyance to her recently, it felt like her life was climbing up.

I found myself at a free period today and no one was available to hang out with, and when I say 'no one', I meant Rya. It was funny, I had all these girls flocking around me at lunch and parties, but when it came to my friends, my only one was Rya – discounting Roman and Skye, obviously. I didn't mind it though. I'd rather have a few true friends than tons of fake ones, and I knew a thing or two about fake people.

I didn't want to study considering I had done most of my homework and studying at home, and the thought of doing more made my brain frazzle. Instead, I mindlessly walked along the halls, searching for a place to chill before last period. I peered into empty classrooms. I would try the library, but I wanted to watch a movie on my phone and the library had a strict 'no phones' rule. However, no where was empty and I sighed in frustration, walking back along the halls to head to Rya's study hall and ask her for her car keys so I could chill in her car, but as soon as I passed a door, a hand reached out, and I was yanked inside.

A squeal escaped my lips before I was pinned up against the wall of a storage closet, both my wrists held either side of my head in a tight grip.

I recognised those eyes. Those eyes could swallow me whole.

As soon as his lips met mine, I melted, and my knees fell weak. It wasn't slow. No. it was hard. Punishing. Sinful. Everything about it pulled me in, spun me around, and dropped me hard on the earth. His tongue slid across the seal of my lips and pushed them open to explore inside. My breath hitched when his tongue met mine and a moan fell into his mouth.

His lips went to attack my neck and soon I was lost in the heavenly sensation. He kissed and sucked, swiping his tongue along, flicking spots he knew drove me crazy. I tried to pull away from his grip to touch him, but as I tried, he pulled both of my wrists above my head and captured them in one large hand as the other pinned me at the side of my waist before trailing its way down to between my legs and cupped my throbbing heat, pressing down on my clit with his thumb.

"Roman." I moaned, looking him dead in the eyes. His thumb moved tauntingly over my underwear. He stared me in my eyes with an expression I couldn't read but his hands working me told me he wasn't mad. He was full of desire.

His body towered over mine, creating a cage I didn't want to escape from, and I moaned loudly when he slipped my underwear to the side and flicked my clit with his thumb. "Fuck..." I cursed breathlessly and sank my teeth into my lower lip to stop the moans from getting louder.