SIXTY ONE

I was about to be murdered.

"Nope. Not happening."

"Oh, c'mon! Would you relax a little?" I huffed as Roman paced agitatedly around the room.

He turned around and looked me in the eye – more like death stared to be honest. "Relax?! You're telling me to relax?!"

I rolled my eyes, "You're acting like the world is ending."

"It is!" and they said I was over dramatic.

I sighed and sipped on my latte we got from the drive-thru on the way here, crossing my legs as I sat on the edge of the bed. I could understand Roman's worries but he had to have known this day would come.

The day his little sister went on her first date.

You see, my plan worked perfectly and Lukas did ask Skye to the art show. Hallelujah! And so now, we were in her hospital room, helping her get ready... well, I was helping her get ready. Roman was still having an existential crisis with an adamance that Skye wasn't going.

I received tons of text messages and phone calls from Skye about first dates and what exactly she was supposed to wear or do, and so I decided to go round and help her in person and I would have done it without Roman if he wasn't so annoyingly persistent that he would drive me there.

He knew something was up, I was an idiot to think he wouldn't, and so breaking the news last minute was the best possible option to stop him from ruining this.

"I can't believe you did this behind my back. Behind my fucking back!" he ranted onto me as I sipped my drink.

I would say this was an argument but it wasn't, it was merely my boyfriend having a meltdown as I waited for Skye to finish getting ready in the bathroom.

"You would have tried to stop it if I didn't." I calmly replied.

"That's besides the point! You are meddling." He pointed an accusing finger and I simply rolled my eyes in response.

"Whatever you say." I sang, completely unbothered.

"You're going to ruin her life!" he exclaimed. Now that was a reach. Thankfully for his sake, I found it humorous.

A scoffed left my lips as I replied, "By setting her up on a date with the boy she's been crushing on? Oh, the shock horror!"

"You're not funny."

"And you're not very rational but I guess we can't have everything now, can we?"

He huffed once more in aggravation and slumped down in the armchair. Was it wrong that is was sort of amusing?

We waited in silence some more until Skye called my name from the bathroom.

"Sienna? Can you help me with my hair?"

With that, I got up and made my way to the bathroom, Roman refusing to look at me.

I silently laughed to myself before opening the door and seeing Skye in her fluffy dressing gown with a curling iron in her hand. "My mom always used to curl my hair so I was wondering if...?" she held it out to me and I smiled.

I sectioned her hair and started curling, "You know," I began as I looked at her in the mirror, "I can teach you to do this if you want."

She smiled up at me, "Thanks, I guess I should start learning to do a lot of things before I leave."

That got me wondering, I hadn't fully talked to Skye too much about Germany. I wondered how she was feeling. "How d'you feel about it? Going to Germany?"