SIXTEEN

The last thing I expected to be in the Principal's office was Rya McCoy sitting anxiously in the chair opposite her desk. Principal Cunningham was a woman with a constant stick up her ass, I mean, the woman was a bitch and usually I respected people for being a bitch, but she was an annoying bitch and, god, sometimes I wanted to claw my ears off due to her monotoned, irritating squark of a voice.

   "Sienna." She vaguely acknowledged my entrance. "Sit."

  I didn't try to argue because I didn't know my exact reasoning for being here plus I didn't want the make the situation worse than it hypothetically already was. I took my seat next to Rya who looked like she was about to throw up. She wasn't used to being in the Principal's office for anything other than getting praise.

   "I am sure you are both aware of the papers that went around school of a certain diary." Principal Cunningham began.

  Rya and I exchanged looks. Shit.

   "And I will have you know that I got a rather upset phone call from Mr Kingston about the extreme and rather disgusting violation of his daughter."

  Disgusting? Did she not read what was written in the diary? Probably not because Leah was such an innocent star in her eyes, and I was a raging demon. But Rya, though? She would have to believe Rya.

   "And I have a very good reason to believe that you two were behind this shanagan."

   "And what makes you think that?" I crossed my arms and huffed. We were in school when no one was around. At this point, Principal Cunningham was pointing fingers.

  Principal Cunningham's expression became one of much smugness and she turned her computer around. "I was hoping you would say that. You see, Vice Principal Saxon suggested we fit CCTV cameras around the halls to catch any fiasco's happening and I'm so glad he did because then we wouldn't have been able to catch this wonderful sight."

  My jaw almost dropped to the floor as a video of Rya and I played on the screen, both of us with stacks of papers in hands, throwing photocopies of Leah's diary around like flower girls throwing rose petals at a wedding.

  Well, this wasn't good.

  Yeah, no shit.

   "Do you have CCTV cameras everywhere, Principal Cunningham? Even in storage closets and locker rooms for your own personal... pleasure?" I couldn't help but smile sardonically at her. Principal Cunningham didn't strike me as the creepy kind, but she definitely favoured the boys' Football Team. Adam had gotten into tonnes of fights and she only let him off with a warning.

   "I would be quiet if I were you, Sienna, before I decide to up your punishment." She snapped back and turned to Rya. "And Miss McCoy." I felt Rya shrink in her seat. "I expected so much better from you. You can certainly count your chance of becoming Valedictorian off the list –"

   "Rya didn't do it!" I exclaimed. No. I was going to go down but I wasn't taking Rya with me. She had worked too hard for too many years for Principal Cunningham to take her chance of becoming Valedictorian away because of this stupid issue with Leah.

   "Sienna, it is very evident that –"

   "I forced Rya to do it!" I quickly thought of something. Principal Cunningham raised a brow and Rya shot her head to look at me in shock. "I-I thought that Rya doing it with me would decrease my chances of retribution because she's the golden girl of the school."

   "Sienna, you don't –"

   "I told her that if she didn't help me, I would spread a rumour that she had sex in the boys' locker room." I hastily cut her off.