EPILOGUE

3 ½ months later

"Do you honestly think I'd join a sorority?"

"What? I hear girls make tons of friends that way."

"I'm going to pretend you said that as a joke."

Roman chuckled over the phone as I finished unpacking the last of the boxes. "I'm just saying, you're a natural born leader. Maybe you can take a few girls under your wing?"

"Yes, and compulsorily join in on all the frat parties, you know, mingling with all the wonderful frat boys." I placed my perfume bottle on my bedside and stacked up my favourite books right next to it. They were mainly the ones I took from that library Roman took me too.

"On second thought, maybe don't join a sorority. My roommate's friend is in Delta Phi, and I swear all that guy talks about is beer kegs and screwing girls." I could imagine the cringe on his face.

I laughed, "Fraternities not up your street?"

"I'm going to pretend you said that as a joke."

A stupid smile spread across my lips. I flew to North Carolina two days ago, moved in yesterday afternoon, and my parents flight departed tonight. I was currently unpacking the rest of my belongings alone in my room because my parents were already at the airport, and I was contemplating on going down to the dining hall or just give in and order food.

"Have you gotten to know your roommate that well?" I asked, sitting down on my bed.

"His name's Dan and he's alright. I mean he's not a frat guy, but he did tell me to knock several times very loudly before entering the room in case he has a random girl over." I heard his chuckle through the line.

"Fair enough. People do say college is the time of sexual exploration." I twirled a piece of hair around my finger. It was already getting dark outside, and I noticed a few students leaving the boarding house in partying attire. I wondered if there were any bars nearby or if someone was having a party instead.

"Too bad I did all my sexual exploration in high school." He mocked a sigh through the phone.

"Wow, must've been some girl to teach you all of that."

"Yeah, real vixen."

If I was there, I would have playfully slapped him on the arm but instead I had to settle on biting my lip to contain my smile.

Roman left for Penn before me. Only really a week before but it was a week felt hard. I swear I called him every hour because I missed him so much. His roommate Dan must think I'm some psycho, clingy girlfriend but Roman didn't mind. He was always up for a conversation telling me all the people he'd met and places he'd been. I was proud that he was really coming out of his shell but slightly jealous I wasn't there to be there with him, but sometimes going out of your comfort zone is something you have to do by yourself, and I was happy to cheer from the side-lines.

"When does your roommate move in again? What's her name? Allison?"

"Alexandra." I corrected. "And not till this weekend, but she's from New Mexico so she's pre-sending some of her stuff over." By some of her stuff, I meant plants. Yes, Alexandra was a plant lover which I didn't mind because it gave a nice look to the room.

I managed to find her on Facebook a month before moving in and luckily she was super easy and friendly to reach out to. Apparently, she studied Psychology and was an ABBA superfan.

"Oh yes, how are the plants?" he mused. I was glad to have an incredibly smart boyfriend because he explained photosynthesis better than any of my middle school teachers.