FIFTY SIX

The next morning, right before school, I went straight to Rya's. I parked right outside and waited after I knocked on the door a few times. Her dad answered.

   "Sienna? Lovely to see you! How are you?" her dad enthusiastically said as he opened the door and saw me.

   "Good, thank you! Erm, sorry to be blunt but is Rya...?"

  He nodded and gave me a knowing look, smiling softly, "She's right upstairs."

  I returned the same smile back and quickly walked inside as he moved to the side to let me through. It was safe to say Rya's house was huge. I mean, we're talking mansion here, but it wasn't the modern kind. No. Her dad liked to keep it more simplistic and classier, almost like a French estate.

  Rya's bedroom was on the second floor, and I nervously walked past and numerous doors lining along the open halls. When I finally reached it, I held my breath and knocked. I got no response. I knocked again.

   "Come in!" Rya called and I let out a breath. Carefully, I gradually opened the door to her bedroom. Rya's bedroom was what I would call 'the dream bedroom of Blair Waldorf'. It looked like it belonged to a Parisian princess with white walls, black accents on the furniture, and pink and gold accessories scattered neatly all around. However, my eyes happily welcomed the image of Rya sitting on her king-sized bed, wrapped up in her duvet like a little cocoon with only her head poking out.

   "Your world would be easier if I didn't come back." I heard the voice of Chuck Bass through her laptop perked in front of her.

   "That's true...." Blair replied. "But it wouldn't be my world without you in it."

   "Are you blind, Chuck?! Stay! Please Stay!" Rya cried at the scene, throwing her stuffed sheep at the screen. "You'd never leave me. Right, Piggy?" she turned to her cat who was also wrapped up in a blanket with his own mini stuffed sheep in between his paws. Piggy gave a meow in response.

  As soon as Rya huffed, she looked up and noticed me standing by the doorway. "Sienna?" she squinted her eyes as if I was some mirage.

   "The one and only." I nervously chuckled, walking further into the room.

   "What... What are you doing here?"

   "Checking on you." I answered simply. "And I really want to talk." She didn't respond and I sighed sadly. "I really don't like us fighting, Rya. You're... You're my best friend and it hurts so much without you." Tears began to cloud my vision.

  She looked at me, eyes also beginning to water, still wrapped up in her duvet. "Same."

  Wearily, I walked over to her bed, with my hands awkwardly by my side, "So then..." I swallowed down  the limp rising in my throat, "Can we be friends again?"

  She gaze at me for a minute and then wiped away the tear falling down her cheek. "Fuck you. You're making me cry, dude!" She sniffed and I laughed.

   "Glad to know I'm still special," I then joked.

   "Yeah. In the head." She rolled her eyes.

  I waited a few more seconds for her to say something more before she looked at me. "I'm really really sorry, Sienna. I know you probably didn't mean to tell Christopher —" she gagged saying his name. Classic Rya. "— about the Spanish pop quiz. I was just so... upset because Principal Cunningham wasn't necessarily the nicest when telling me I'm off the list."

   "I'm so sorry I said it anyways. I should've known better at the time." I took a step toward.

   "Yeah..." she sighed and glanced down at the floor, "But what can you do? And if I've already lost that, the last thing I want to do is lose my best friend." She looked up at me hopefully. My heart lit up at the words.