THIRTY ONE

The storm had stopped the next morning, yet the damage remained behind and people were already outside trying to clean up the mess in their front yards.

The house was flooded with warmth as I opened my eyes, my limbs tangled with the blankets and pillows as the amber glow of the firelight caught my eye. The power was back on. I took in a deep breath and let it out, prolonging it to stretch my arms out in front of me. Something felt off through. I reached beside me to feel nothing but emptiness. Roman was gone.

I turned on my side to see the vacantness of where he was supposed to be. Where did he go? Did he move to sleep upstairs during the night? Did I snore? Oh god, what if I snored?!

Footsteps from the kitchen echoed from the kitchen and my head shot to the direction as the noise travelled to where I was. Roman appeared in the doorway, bedhead and tired eyes, wearing the same sweatpants but a different shirt. A blue one bringing out his eyes. Two cups of coffee were in each hand as he walked over and noticed me awake.

"You're up." He said, his voice deep and rough. Why was morning voice on guys so sexy? I always sounded like a 13-year-old boy who was going through puberty.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked, sitting up, crossing my legs underneath the blankets.

"Only for about twenty minutes, you looked knocked out, so I left you." He placed one mug on the mantle and passed the other to me. "Careful."

I took the steaming cup between my hands and let the scorching heat sink into my palms.

"I didn't know how you liked your coffee so I just added milk." He confessed.

"That's fine." I replied. "I don't like black coffee, it's super bitter."

"Isn't it?" he agreed with a chuckle. "My dad drinks it and I sometimes think he's insane for doing so."

I laughed and took a sip. "Rya's the same. That girl can drink five cups of it a day." There was no lie. Rya was a certified coffee addict. I took another sip and let the piping hot liquid burn down my throat. "What time is it?"

"Eleven." My eyes widened. "Relax." He chuckled, "School's cancelled." I let out a sigh of relief. At least I didn't have that to worry about.

"Thank god." I sighed. I took a longer sip of coffee this time and observed him take one of his, moving to sit down next to me. A sudden awkwardness tingled in the air between us as the memories from last night came flooding through.

"Fuck, you taste so good." He groaned against my core, his voice dripping in pure seduction. "So fucking good." He thrusted his finger in and out harder, his tongue flicking faster.

Jesus, I needed help.

"Erm," I placed the coffee by my side, "When are your parents getting back?"

"My dad texted me this morning and told me they'd be back by the evening. They'd cleared the roads but there's mad traffic."

"Cool." I clicked my tongue and rested my hands in my lap. Say something, you idiot. But what could I say? Hey, so last night when you ate me out? No. Why didn't you want to have sex last night? Nope, not that either.

"So..." I drawled feeling the need to fill up the uncomfortable silence which only made it more uncomfortable.

"So..." Roman repeated, feeling the awkwardness too.

I coughed to clear my throat and ran a hand over my hair before saying, "Last night then..." he looked back at me with a faint blush spreading up his neck to his cheeks.