FIFTY TWO

I sat in History on Tuesday by myself. I didn't get many stares or comments anymore, but I knew my old reputation no longer existed. Forever gone was Sienna the 'mean girl', now I was kind of a nobody, but that's not to say I didn't mind it.

  I liked the no drama life. No stress. No gossip. No worries. I liked doing my own thing.

  The only problem I had was Roman. He wasn't in school on Monday, and he wasn't in school today either. I didn't want to think it had something to do with me, but I couldn't help it. Was it about me? Or was I just being self-centred? It might've been about Skye. I missed Skye, it felt like I hadn't seen her in ages.

   "Sienna?" Mr Dennis approached my desk. I looked up from writing my notes. "Your pop quiz." He smiled and placed the paper down on my desk. I sneaked a peek a noticed the mark. B+. A freaking B! "I've been really impressed with your improvement. Well done." He noticed my happiness as I looked at the grade.

   "Thank you!"

   "I heard you're going up for a UNCCH scholarship. Good luck, I have faith in you." He smiled softly again and patted my desk before walking away.

  I got a B+! A freaking B+! I could almost celebrate!

  However, the only person I wanted to celebrate with was Roman. Yet, he was nowhere. My mind suddenly flicked to Rya, and concern spread through me. She still wasn't in school and it was the most un-Rya like behaviour I've ever seen. That was why I approached Mr Dennis after class because I knew that he was Rya's Homeroom teacher.

   "Mr Dennis." I asked cautiously. He looked back at me from his computer and smiled with a nod. "I know that you're Rya's Homeroom teacher and I was wondering if you've seen her lately."

  It wasn't like I hadn't at least tried to reach out to Rya, I had. However, she never answered any of my text messages or calls. If Rya was still mad at me, she would've replied super bluntly. Instead she didn't reply at all.

   "She was in Homeroom yesterday morning, but she seemed rather busy. She wasn't in today although. Is something wrong?"

  I shook my head, "No, not really. Just wondering." She was in yesterday but not today? What the hell? This didn't just seem like a sick-bug or an ignorance to me or Christopher. It just seemed... weird.

  Nonetheless, I left the classroom and headed to lunch. I couldn't help but try to look out for Roman and the disappointment and anger I felt bubbling in my veins made me slump down in my seat and sigh when he wasn't there.

  Everything felt so off, and I had no idea what was going on.

  I decided to push the strangeness back in my mind and focus on my book, occasionally checking my phone to see if I got any notifications. None. Like usual nowadays.

  I had to admit, I liked my alone time, but the vacancy of my best friend was starting to get to me and all I wanted was Rya here to gossip and chat to. Maybe even not chat, just have her presence. She was my best friend, and she always made my life that much brighter, something that I so desperately needed right now. She was also good with plans. I had no doubt that if I told her about this situation, she would have come up with the best plan. Yet, she wasn't here, and every moment without her felt a little sadder.

  I finished my book and looked up. The gossip had stopped, and now I felt completely invisible to the rest of the school. Of course, I still got nasty glares. Mainly from Nikki and her new posse which used to be my old posse.

I soon realised that girls who only cared about status followed like dogs to a bone. And, damn, were those girls true bitches.

  My eyes wandered over to the cafeteria door when none other than Leah walked in. Great, just my luck. However, she looked a little different today. Heavy bags rested under her puffy eyes, her usually down and wavy hair was tied up into a messy bun, and her whole demeanour seemed... tired.