FOURTEEN

Everyone was still talking about Leah the next day.

It was a joy to come into school and still see some of the papers up, in a way I was shocked the school hadn't taken them down or maybe they just enjoyed the drama as much as we did. I always assumed teachers to have such boring jobs so this must be the only excitement their career brings them.

"OMG, it's still so priceless." Nikki laughed re-watching the video of Leah hastily ripping down the papers with a tomato red face. Someone sent it to a meme account on Instagram and it got posted. I didn't necessarily agree with doing that because I'd rather high school drama stay within, you know, high school and not be exposed to the whole world, but there was nothing I could do about, I wasn't even the one who took the video.

But you were the one who put this whole thing together.

Eh, potato, po-tah-to.

We were sitting at lunch, Rya missing because she had some random study group, reading through the comments left on the video. It almost had one million views which was insane, with the caption 'CREEPY GIRL GETS EXPOSED'. A little dramatic but, hey, they weren't necessarily wrong.

"What an embaressement." Nikki read off some of the comments. "If I were her, I'd never go to school again! What a weirdo to right something like that. OMG, you have to hear this one: If I had to choose between eating my arm and being her friend, I'd say sayonara arm!"

Nikki and the rest of the girls cackled at the comments. I was slightly taken aback from the meanness.

"Isn't that a little much?" I raised an eyebrow, but Nikki only brushed her auburn hair behind her shoulder.

"Oh c'mon, Sienna. It's just a little fun." But it seemed a little too much.

"Who even sent that video in anyway?" I asked, shoving a fork into my tuna salad.

Nikki shrugged as the rest of the girls laughed, reading more comments over her shoulder. "Some guy screen recorded it off my story and asked if he could send it in."

"And you let him?"

"I saw the message too late and when I asked why, he already did it." She carelessly replied and giggled with the rest of the girls as they scrolled through more comments.

I sighed and rolled my eyes when a strong hand grabbed my upper arm and practically dragged me off the bench. What is it with people and grabbing me these last couple of days?

I looked up to see Adam pulling me out of the cafeteria, everyone else was too busy to notice, thank god, because this sight was surely embarrassing and the expression on his face was one that seemed as if he could murder me.

"Let me go, you oath!" I protested and tried to pull back, but he dragged me along the halls. "Are you fucking deaf? Let go off me!"

Adam didn't stop and turned around to narrow his eyes full of spite. "Where's your little accomplice, hmm? Is she hiding somewhere too?"

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about, now can you let go of me!" I pulled against him but he was much stronger. He dragged me into an empty classroom where Rya was tidying away books and didn't hesitate to grab her hand and drag her out.

"What the fuck?!" she jumped but ultimately was pulled along with me. Adam didn't reply and pulled us along like tiny pets on a leash. "Is he on crack?" Rya asked by my side, struggling against his right grip.

"Wouldn't surprise me." I muttered before Adam kicked open a storage closet and shoved us inside.

The room was tiny and narrow with only a small lightbulb to light up the quarters. Shelves stacked with harsh blenching chemicals and eternally stained wash cloths surrounded us as our only judgements for whatever Adam was about to say.