THIRTEEN

"I am so ready for this." Rya said as we stood in the school's halls several minutes before the mass of students arrived to commence to school day. I told her that Leah was the one who told the Drama Club she had herpes and she freaked. She couldn't believe how Leah could be such a bitch either but, nevertheless, she now was way more onboard with the plan.

"Same." I grinned. We had the stacks of papers in our hands of Leah's diary. God, revenge tasted sweet, didn't it? We threw them around the halls, sticking them to lockers, plastering them to windows and classroom doors. No one was in to see us, so it was perfect.

"Urgh, I can't wait to see the look on her face!" she beamed. "You were totally right about her not being able to play with fire. This girl is going to get burnt to a crisp." She stuck a bunch of papers to the lockers.

I laughed and threw a few papers by the doors to the cafeteria. I looked back at my phone to check the time.

"Shit, we should get going. People will be arriving soon." We nodded and threw the remaining papers in the air, scurrying down the halls to act as if nothing had ever happened.

❦❤︎❦

Laughter and mutters erupted in the halls as Rya and I made our way back into school half an hour later. Students with copies of Leah's diary in their hands, pointing and laughing, hands over mouths, whispering in outrageous gossips. It was a sight for sore eyes.

We made our way to class and watched the scene unfold further. We had yet to see Leah but the anticipation was too much to bare!

"Have you seen this?"

"OMG, I can't believe it!"

"I always thought she was a bit weird."

"What a creep!"

I listened to the gossips until the teacher came in, obviously confused and slightly flustered from all the mania going on outside but nonetheless, continued to shut everyone up and teach.

"Look at this." Rya whispered to me halfway through the lesson and shoved her phone into my palm. It was a video of Leah scurrying around the halls, ripping down the sheets with a face so red it could put my period to shame. She did not look happy.

Good.

"How long d'you think it'll be until Adam sees them?" she then asked me. Adam. For some reason, he had completely slipped my mind.

"I don't know." I answered and looked back at the board, the teacher was going on about something I seriously didn't care about and suddenly my mind came to a thought. "Shit, I have that Chemistry test today." Urgh, fuck.

"Have you studied for it?" Rya paused from gazing at her phone to look at my expression already projecting my answer.

"No, but how hard can it be? I've been tutored for almost a month now." And you still weren't understanding anything. Rya nodded and looked back at her phone with a grin. "Where did that video come from anyway?"

"Nikki's private Snapchat. Her and a few girls caught it on the way to class." Good old Nikki and her nosey ass.

❦❤︎❦

Now, I would like to say the chemistry test went well... but it didn't.

I kept trying at every equation, but the damn things didn't make any sense. In the end, I had to give up because they pissed me off so much and just sat there, doodling pictures of butterflies in the corners of the pages. What? I liked butterflies. In Portuguese they were called 'borboletas'. The pronunciation of it made me laugh because it sounded so fun to say. Borboletas. Isn't that such a fun word?