Chapter 64: Here We Go Again

A/N: Okay so I know how short and shitty this is but it's almost 2am here I promised my tumblr readers it would be up tonight so here it it! I'm super sorry if it's horrible though and please leave a comment or inbox  for me with any feedback or things that need to be fixed if you can! Thanks so much though and happy reading! xx

*************************************************

The tears streamed down my face but I don’t know if he said anything else because that was the last memory I had of that night. The rest was all a blur of confusing blackness, red soaring pain and trying to fight against all odds, against the peaceful white, to stay alive. 

(LOUIS' POV)

"How long has it been now?" El asked tapping her fingers on the clipboard the nurse had given her when they first rushed in with Nora. 

"Four hours... and five minutes... and forty two seconds." Lara muttered, tapping her phone as if willing the time to go faster. 

"Wait, how'd you all get here so fast? We've been here for four hours and forty whatever minutes but you all only got here like an hour ago... the drive is at least seven." El finally looked up from the clipboard she had been holding to her chest in a death grip, she hadn't let go of it and Lara was yet to let go of Nora's blanket; they'd both hold on to anything that reminded them of Nora. 

"Well we weren't exactly at the house." Niall spoke up, still fidgeting and glancing around nervously. 

"We, we were going to surprise you guys. Liam had stopped to pick up flowers for Nora when we got the call. He ran straight back to the car but could hardly tell us what was going on he was so shaky and panicked... it was a horrible, strange sense of deja vu but we got here as fast as we could." We were all sitting in the all too familiar waiting room of the ER; well most of us at least. Liam was the only one they'd allowed in to see her so far but we weren't even sure what was happening. Niall and Aria had taken Emma and Zayn home about an hour ago but Niall couldn't stay away for too long so the girls took care of Zayn while we all waited, panicked, and fretted over what might happen when someone we knew finally walked back through those dreaded double doors. 

"Well we're lucky you were so close by. I swear when she started vomiting the, the, well I thought I might pass out too." Lara was still sitting in her blood stained shirt while Harry held her close to his chest. Ever since they'd gotten back together we never saw them apart. But it killed me to think that tragedies like these were the only things keeping them together. 

"We were lucky too. Nora was lucky to have you two there for her." Niall tried to reassure the girls but it only caused Lara to start sobbing uncontrollably into the blanket while Harry tried desperately to calm her back down.

"It's okay, it's going to be okay." I tried to comfort Lara and El as well as my panicked nerves. Holding Ellie closer to me it was hard to think that anything other than a terrible end could be the outcome of something like this. 

"How long has it been now?" El asked for the dozenth time that afternoon. It seemed like every time so much as a second ticked by she needed another update but I knew how she felt. The waiting was torture but I knew Nancy or Jenna would be by soon to fill us in with another update. 

(LIAM'S POV) 

One, two, three, four. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Tap, tap, tap, tap. I couldn't take it any longer. As more and more time passed the small glimmer of hope I had been clinging onto for so long became dimmer and dimmer. A distant memory rather than something I could actually rely on. They had only let me see her once so far and it was only for a brief moment before her vitals dropped and a crash cart was brought into the room to take my place by her bed. She had one of those tubes stuck down her throat and a monitor was constantly watching the baby while they recovered. Dr Winston had shown me the baby on the monitor to convince me that he or she was still okay... still alive at least. Since then the other doctors had all been trying to piece together what could have happened to cause this accident. Dr Winston and Dr Harvey had come to talk to me when I first got to the hospital. They had already operated on her once that day and had explained that the blinding pain she described and the other signs and symptoms had definitely been caused by a mistake or an after effect of her first few surgeries.