Chapter 36: Winter Storms

A/N: Hello again! I’m so sorry this took me so long to write but I hope you can all forgive me!!! Now this chapter’s a bit short and I don’t really like it that much but I hope you all liked Chapter 35 and if you did then hopefully you’ll like this one too! I’d love to hear from some of you after this chapter so thanks, and like always, happy reading! :) x

Oh and I haven’t really proof-read it yet so please let me know if there are any major problems for me to fix! Thank you!!

*********************************************************************

“This should be it now,” A half smile spread across the doctor’s face while we waited and I listed to the seconds tick by on the clock, the hands moving while none of us even dared to breathe… tick… tock… tick… tock…we waited.

(NORA’S POV)

I gripped Liam’s hand tighter, staring at the screen and listening to the silence. Hoping it was just my messed up head deceiving me that there was nothing but quiet. Finally, “Bu-boom.” there it was, a faint almost hum of a sound but I’d heard it. We’d been waiting on a heartbeat and my baby didn’t let us down. “Bu-boom… Bu-boom…” It was a steady rhythm now and the cheers exploded around the room. People were hugging, Harry was kissing, but all I could do was smile. Through out everything my baby was always there for me; always giving me hope, something to believe in, and now I could rest assured that he, or she, was still with me.

“Well there we go. Now Nora do you want to find out the sex of your baby?” I had been distracted by the image of my baby clenching and unclenching their tiny fist on the screen. “Pardon?” When I looked up I heard chuckles around me as the jeers quieted down and Jenna looked over at me, her smile big enough to rival my own. “Nora you’re far enough along now that we can tell you your baby’s gender, if you want that is.”

“Oh um… guys what do you think?” I had never really thought about finding this out so soon, even today when I went shopping with Ellie I didn’t think twice when I looked at all the uni-sex clothes. “Nora it’s your baby and your choice, we’ll support your decision no matter what.” Louis stepped forward, acting as the voice of reason while Zayn and Niall made bets on whether I would want to find out or not. “I, I’m not sure, I think- wait, wait, do you want to find out?” I looked over to Liam’s smiling face, his eyes filled with admiration as he glanced back and forth between me and the picture on the monitor. “Whatever you want.” I sighed, realizing then that I would get nowhere with the boys’ ‘help’ and instead I made up my own mind for once. “I, I think I want to wait to find out. I mean I know that some-” I was cut off though by Dr Winston’s soothing voice. 

“Nora you don’t have to explain yourself it’s okay. Lots of first time mums love the surprise and no matter what I’m sure you’ll all be pleased.” I smiled as I saw Zayn reluctantly giving Niall a five pound note as the blonde haired boy grinned cheekily. “Well still, congratulations Nora because your little mystery baby is perfectly healthy and it looks like their developing quite well.” I couldn’t stop the tears of joy from flowing as Liam’s lips met mine and his arms held me close. All that really mattered was that my baby was okay and just knowing my baby was alive; knowing that for once I hadn’t gone and screwed up one of the few good things I had in life; just knowing that was all I needed to hear.

“Really, the baby’s healthy? It’s going to be alright?” Zayn’s voice was the only one that stood out after that and Dr Winston pulled off her gloves and smiled as she wiped the cold gel off my stomach. “Both the mother and the child are going to be perfectly fine Zayn, with time they’ll both be fine.” I smiled at the boys dancing around the room; Niall and Liam were doing some funny Irish jig while Louis made up a little song about the baby.