Chapter 57: I Know You Care

A/N:Here it is my darling readers! Chapter 57 at last!! I really hope you like it and please vote, fan and comment with feedback because it would mean the world to me if you did! Thanks so much and happy reading xx

****************************************************************************************

“Yeah, you?” I nodded even though I knew she wouldn’t believe me. 
“But I’ll be here too Zayn. We all will, and we’ll try,” She stopped for a second to compose herself, “And we’ll try to fix you.” 

(NORA’S POV)

“Morning love,” Liam’s groggy morning voice pulled me out of my dreams and I rolled over into his arms, feeling them wrap around me as neither one of us dared to open our eyes, knowing that if we did we would actually have to get out of bed and start our day.

“Can’t we just have 5 more hours?” I whined as he chuckled and buried his head into my neck, trailing soft kisses until he reached my lips and smiled.

“Five more minutes love, then we’ll have to get up.” I grumbled as I buried my face in his shoulder, five minutes wasn’t nearly long enough.

Before I knew it I felt the cold morning draft blow around my feet as the covers were drawn back and Liam slipped out of my reach. “Come on Lazy, shower time.”

“No-o-o.” I lay there like a defiant toddler until I was whisked up into his arms and carried through to the bathroom, flailing my arms and legs as I laughed and squealed all the way down the hall.

“Liam put me down!” He flicked the light on with one arm, still holding me up with the other as I wrapped my arms around his neck, my bare legs still dangling out in front of him.

“Nope, this is what lazy people get.” And before I knew what was happening the shower was turned on and he quickly walked us into the stream of hot water, making my squeals grow louder as we laughed and stood together in our soaking wet pajamas, trying not to remember the real reason we had to wake up that day.

(LARA’S POV)

I never knew that by becoming friends with this group of people, I would end up in hospitals so often. The sterile smell and unholy white walls no longer haunted me and it was with these thoughts on my mind that our huge black van with the tinted windows and far too many seats pulled up at the back entrance of the hospital.

It had been more than a week since Nora’s baby shower, and since Zayn had dropped the bomb about his… condition. I still hadn’t fully wrapped my head around it, I suppose it wasn’t something you could ever really accept. I couldn’t even imagine what the others were going through. For them Zayn was their brother, best friend, their rock… for me we got a long well and had spent countless nights gossiping, laughing and watching dozens of movies… but I was also a hopeless fan, and that made me more torn about trying to be supportive instead of crumbling into a sobbing mess every time I so much as glanced at him.

Ari and I felt the same way though, torn between friendship and fangirling, either way it was horrible, just a different type of pain.

I had put it all aside though and just decided to be there for Harry the best I could. None of them were handling it very well, but Harry was more abrupt with his feelings, not trying to hide them at all. Nora and Liam tried to stay the happy couple, hoping that maybe some of their happiness, faux as it was at the time, would rub off on the others.

Niall would switch between being pissed off at the world and everything in it, and being downright depressed; so I sympathized with Ari as she struggled to cope.