Chapter 42: Confrontations

A/N: Okay so I don't have much to say except that I'm sorry if this has any mistakes or anything but I have an assignment due in two days so I've been prioritizing that a bit but if you find any problems please let me know! And as always I'd love to hear your thoughts, critiques or questions about this chapter so thank you and happy reading! :) xx

****************************************************************************

My heart was beating embarrassingly fast and Louis, who never failed to pick up on any slight change with me kept repeatedly asking me if I was all right. I lied through my teeth though and focused all my attention on staring at the door handle, waiting for it to turn and for Nora and Danielle to walk though together.

(ELEANOR'S POV)

"Babe, you alright?" Louis looked down at me and I immediately felt guilty for being so distant with him lately. With my classes at university getting harder and Nora and I planning things with Danielle I hadn't been spending as much time with him as I usually would have. "I'm fine Louis, don't worry about me." I smiled but I knew he saw through it, he didn't say anything though and just held me close as he rested his head on my shoulder, waiting to hear the punch line of one of Niall's jokes. "I think I'm just going to go check on Nora, you know see where she got up to." Liam made the move to stand up and my stomach dropped. "No!" I practically screamed, I was never a good liar and I was cracking under the pressure. They all turned to look at me and Louis looked both hurt and confused. "What, uh,” I paused and composed myself, not making eye contact with any of the boys even though I could practically feel them all staring at me.  “What I meant was that I'll go check on her, you know just have a bit of a girl talk with her, make sure she's alright."

I stood up and felt Louis let me go. I turned before I left and gave the boys an unconvincing smile, promising to be back soon with Nora. I shut the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief, if I had been stuck in there for any longer I think I would have cracked and told them all about Danielle. Thankful though that I could get out of there I walked with ease in my towering stilettos down the hallway until I came across the girls bathroom, a place I was sure to find the two of them.

(LOUIS’ POV)

“Was it just me or did it seem like she really didn’t want to be here?” I looked over to Harry and Zayn who had sympathetic looks on their faces. “I’m sorry mate, I guess I just didn’t really see it before now…” My younger friends did their best to comfort me, Zayn stopped to fill Liam and Niall in about my concerns but no matter how hard they tried there was nothing they could do to make me feel any better. “Louis, I think you should just go talk to her, if not for your sake then for ours. You know none of us perform well when things like this are going on.” Liam, being the best with advice, was the one I decided to listen to; as opposed to Niall who told me to eat away my feelings and Harry who tried to convince me I would be fine on my own. Liam and Zayn though seemed to understand that I was nothing without Ellie, she was my better half, and I couldn't loose her.  I had to stop my self from running full speed down the halls looking for her, nearly ten minutes passed though and I hadn’t seen her at all, part of me thought she might have just left the arena but I wasn’t giving up yet. “Paul, Paul have you seen Ellie or Nora?” He turned around and hesitated for a moment before I saw Lou come around the corner. “Hey boo, if you’re looking for the girls I think I saw the two of them heading towards the bathrooms.”

“Thank you!” Paul hadn’t said anything yet but I brushed off his strange behavior, nothing had really seemed at all normal recently and this was just one of them. I rushed back down the hall and turned into the little nook that held the doors to the bathroom. I was contemplating barging straight in there but soon the door to the handicapped bathroom creaked open and I saw Eleanor's familiar hand, decorated with rings and the bracelet I had given her just a few months back. "Ellie!" I called out to her and her eyes grew wide, she quickly shut the door and looked down at her feet, a strange kerfuffle came from the other side of the door but I pushed that to the back of my mind. I braced myself for what I was about to do, my heart pounding out of my chest as she tried to look anywhere but right at me. I licked my lips nervously, biting down on the edge and having to stop myself from chewing at my nails; I knew how much she hated that bad habit. I was about to open up my mouth to speak up but she beat me to it, “Lou I-”