Chapter 38: Raindrops and Coffee Shops

A/N: Chapter 38 at last!! I know I've been pretty slack with writing lately and I can't apologize enough but thank you to those of you who have kept supporting me so I hope you enjoy this chapter too! I would love to hear what some of you think of this one and I haven't had the time to edit this one yet either so if you want to point out a few mistakes if you find any that would be amazing! But thanks and happy reading! :) x

******************************************************************

"Now please, what can I do for you? Do the boys need help?” I sat down again and took a deep breath, hoping the boys would leave me alone for the next few minutes so I wouldn’t have to worry any more than I already was.

“No, the boys are fine, but I need to ask you a favor…” 

(NORA'S POV)

There was a tense moment where he didn't say a word; the only thing I could hear was the echoing silence of the apartment until the gruff voice met my ears once more. "Of course, but why do you need me? Can't the boys help you?" I let out a sigh of relief, the fear of instant rejection leaving my mind as I braced myself to ask another question to the intimidating man on the other end of the line. "Well, they're not exactly too happy with me right now..." I trailed off as I heard another chuckle escaped the older man's mouth. "And why would they be mad at you? From what I've heard you're quite a heartbreaker." It was my turn to laugh then but I quickly switched back to talking in hushed tones, not wanting to tip the boys off about what I was doing. "Well you see, I told them today that I wanted to get a job and they weren't too pleased with that idea."

"So you decided to call me?"

"Well, uh yes. I'm sorry it's such a stupid thing for me to have done. I just, I just didn't know anyone else who might be able to help me. I mean there is no way I am going back to that hospital to work and I don't have any past recommendations for anything so..."

"So you called me?" The question was repeated again, making me feel even more foolish for doing this in the first place. "Yes, I called you." I sighed, giving up then on the chance of ever getting a job, one that would show the boys I could fend for myself and that I didn't need them, but it was proving that I might just need them after all.

"Well can you start tomorrow?" I nearly choked when I heard what Simon had said, was he actually saying what I thought he was?

"Uh, yes of course, but why are you doing this for me?"

"Well for starters Nora, any girl with enough guts to call me and ask for help getting a job, on a stolen phone, behind her friends back and to prove a point, well that girl deserves my help."

"Wow, I mean thank you Mr. Cowell!"

"Call me Simon, and any friend of the boys is a friend of mine, I'm happy to help. Now I'll have a car come pick you up at 7 o'clock tomorrow and then I'll be there to meet you at the office. Dress smartly because you'll be dealing with a lot of people and new co-workers which means that you'll want to make a good first impression."

"Yes of course, thank you so much."

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you then and just be sure to give Harry back his phone, the poor lad would be lost without it."

"I will, thank you Simon."

"Goodbye Nora." There was a click as the phone was hung up on the other end and I flopped back on the bed, mulling things over in my mind and everything he had said. I had proven my point but was he right? Had I called him to get back at the boys? I would never purposely want to upset them but I guess this just went to show that no one was perfect, and I just hoped they could forgive me again after this.