Chapter 67: Closure

A/N: So as I said in the ask before this is probably going to be the last official chapter depending on the response I get to it. If I feel like there are some pieces that need to be filled in in depth that I can’t cover in an Epilogue there might be one last chapter but for now think of this as it! I still can’t believe that after more than a year it’s actually coming to an end but please enjoy, I’d love to hear some feedback on what you think, thank you and happy reading! :) xx

**************************************************************

But then her fingers squeezed my hand and I couldn’t stop the tears of joy from streaming down my face. I held my breath as I waited but she didn’t let me down. She opened her eyes and they were just as I remembered… iridescent. 

(NORA’S POV) 

I felt something. Was this real? A warmth embraced my hand and I could feel my consciousness coming back to me. My heart was racing, was I still alive? Could I see Liam? Audrey? The boys? Was I being given a second chance?

“Please Nora, please, I know you can do this.” I heard a small voice echo through me, calling out to me, egging me on. I fought through what felt like every atom in the universe pushing down on me, but I did it. And just like the first time, it was Liam’s smile waiting to reassure me that everything would be okay.

(One Week Later)

“…you might be left with my hair, but you’ll have your mother’s eyes, I’ll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can…” I looked over to see Liam walking in circles around the room holding Audrey in his strong arms. I smiled to myself, taking in the golden morning sun shining through the window, the birthmark on his neck, the smile on his face and the gentle sparkle in his eyes. 

“Good morning,” I sat up in bed and smiled as he brought Audrey over and carefully placed her down in my arms. He kissed my forehead before sitting down next to me and bringing a bottle over with him. It felt like we were finally getting the knack of the whole parenting thing. 

I rocked her back and forth rhythmically while feeding her, she was quiet and content which gave me time to think over this past week which could be described in one word; surreal. The doctors said I had begun to heal myself while I ‘slept’. That somehow Audrey being close to me had helped, but no matter why I had gotten better I was just glad I had been given a second chance. 

“Has she been awake for long?” I asked whimsically as I looked down at my daughter, my eyes mirrored back at me. I hated missing out on time with her. She was fascinating and I treasured every moment I got to spend with her, even if we were still stuck in the hospital together.

“Not long, I only made it through a few songs before you woke up.” Liam chuckled quietly to himself before the door was creaked open and Niall walked in with Louis trailing quietly behind him, they had just been visiting Zayn who had taken a turn for the worst a few days after I woke up. 

“Morning all.” Niall came over and hugged me, kissed Audrey’s little forehead and then gave Liam a much needed coffee to start his morning. 

“How’re you feeling today Blondie? Baby Blondie?” Louis sat down on the other side of my bed while I tried to stifle my laugh so as not to wake ‘Baby Blondie’ up. 

“We’re doing well, thanks Boo.” The boys had been more somber since I woke up, but in a good way. It was like they had matured somewhat in my absence. But it still didn’t stop them from goofing off in the halls or chasing each other with Audrey’s dirty diapers through the previously peaceful halls of the hospital.