Chapter 26: You Deserve More Than This

A/N: Thanks again for reading/fanning this and I would love to get some comments if you have any feedback for me so I can keep trying to make this story the best that I can for all of you! Also you can find this story on my tumblr which is: my-turtles-are-dead.tumblr.com

Thanks and happy reading! :) x

************************************************************************************* 

And here I would have stayed if it weren’t for the soft voice with a familiar Irish accent calling out to me in the dark. And the boy with the messy blonde hair who held me close as I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to reassure myself that it would all be all right, it just had to be.

(NIALL’S POV)

I had to wipe my own tears away as they splashed down onto her braided hair. Her heavy breathing told me that she had finally calmed herself down enough to fall asleep and I took that opportunity to slide my arms around her and lift her up to carry her back to the car. Nora’s arms instinctively wrapped themselves around my neck and I carefully eased out of the narrow opening of the alley way and into the bright light of the cars headlights. Louis jumped out of the front seat to help me get her in and I passed her over to him while I hopped in and then he gave her back to me so I could keep her safe on the car ride home. It was only a short trip and soon we had pulled up to the front door where Harry and Zayn were anxiously waiting for our arrival, they helped me get her upstairs but I wouldn’t let any of them take her away from me, she seemed too fragile for that right now. Louis took the car around to the back and we took the elevator straight back up to Harry and Lou’s apartment.

“Her room’s just through here,” Harry opened the door for me, and Zayn rushed through to turn down her sheets so that I could lay her in bed. Both of them were doing whatever they could to make it easier for me and I couldn’t help but notice Liam’s strange absence.

“I think I might just stay with her for a while, if you don’t mind.” Zayn and Harry said it was fine and just thanked me again fore getting her back safely before saying goodnight to her sleeping figure and switching off the lights. I quietly kicked off my shoes and crawled under the soft blanket, and as if she felt me there she rolled over in her sleep and my open arms held her close. “Goodnight Nora.” I kissed her softly on her forehead, trying not to wake her, as I rested my head on top of hers and fell asleep in the familiarity of a comfortable situation.

I had only planned to stay with her for a while, until I felt like she would be okay if I left her; but soon enough the bright light streaming in from the cracks in her blinds woke us up. “What, what happened?” Nora had a short moment of panic before she looked over to me and I gave her a weak smile, wondering how much of last night she had remembered.

“It’s okay love, you’re okay.” She nodded her head and a single tear rolled down her cheek as she buried herself in my arms once more.

“Thank you Niall.” Her voice was so sincere and I had to choke back my own tears. Seeing her, or any girl, cry usually made me upset and when I saw her so fragile and upset, it tugged at my heartstrings.

“Hey, there you are,” Louis opened the door and Nora sat up, her eyes growing wide like a startled deer. “You gave us quite a scare last night.” Louis sat down on the edge of her bed and I looked down to see her evading his stare and as usual, pulling down on the edges of her long sleeved t-shirt.

“I really am sorry guys,” She looked up at us from beneath her shadow of dark eyelashes, her bright blue eyes were piercing and sparkled with the overflow of her remaining tears.

“Nora love we’re not mad at you, we just want you to know that we’re always here for you, no matter what. You can always come to talk to any of us and just know that you have at least five options of people to talk to before you go do anything drastic like that again okay?” She nodded and I was surprised at how mature Louis was being, seeing him like this made me proud to know that he could step up to the plate and act like her guardian when he needed to.