Preview of Chapter 63!

Here’s the first sneak peak of the new chapter as requested by some of my tumblr followers! The rest will either be up tonight or tomorrow! I have more written but am only posting this much for now! Please let me know what you think though and happy reading! xx

**********************************************

I hung up the phone and threw it against the bed. Sliding down the wall and burying my face in my hands. I felt the baby kick but it only made it worse, reminding me of the ticking clock I had and how time always seemed to be running out. Why was everything always so damn hard?

(HARRY’S POV) 

Stupid bloody meddling pricks. I didn’t need them telling me what to do and I sure as hell didn’t need them telling me who I should apologize to. I knew I was being a dick but that was my decision so they could all shut up and leave me to mope. 

“No it just made me feel like shit!” I sat up on my bed, recognizing Nora’s voice and counting each step as I assumed she paced back and forth in her room. 

I slipped off the bed and tiptoed to my door. I opened it slowly but not seeing anyone else in the hallway I snuck out of my room and edged down the wall until I was outside the room Liam and Nora were sharing. 

“…thanks again for trying to help.” I heard a thump before the horribly familiar sound of Nora’s sobbing met my ears and I burst through the door, looking around before my eyes fell upon her crumpled figure on the floor. 

“Nora?” I crouched down in front of her as she looked up at me with her watery blue eyes and tear stained face. 

“Oh, hey Harry.” She wiped her tears on her sleeves and pretended to look at something behind me to avoid my concerned stare.

“Nora who was that?”

“Just, no one.” She made a move to stand up but I put my hands on her shoulders, not letting her go until I got a real answer. 

“Nora? Come on you can tell me anything you know that right?” She nodded before throwing her arms around my neck and hugging me close. 

“Harry,” She whimpered,  “Harry can you just make it all go away?” At a loss for words I picked her up and set her down on the bed, not wanting her to hurt herself trying to get up on her own. 

“I wish I could babe, I really wish I could.” I pushed the damp hair out of her face and tried to console her while the tears still streamed down her face. 

“Then could you do something else for me?” I nodded and turned to face her on the bed, wondering what it was I could do to make her feel better. 

“Could you talk to Lara? For me? Harry I just need everyone to get along, I can’t do this anymore, not with everyone fighting.” 

“Nora I would but…”

“No you’re right, it was too much to ask. I, I better get back to the others or they might think something’s wrong.”

“But something is wrong Nora, and you’re not talking about it.” 

“Well you’re an expert on not talking about things Harry. So why don’t you think about trying to take some of your own advice before shoving it down my throat.” Her expression went from sad to pissed off in a flash. She pushed away from me and stood up. Wiping under her eyes again before slamming the door behind her and storming back downstairs. 

Everything really was a mess but maybe she was right, maybe I could… should do something to fix it. 

(LARA’S POV) 

“There you are Nora! You alright?” Eleanor was the first to notice Nora sneak back into the room but she seemed to be a lot more melancholy than she had been when she left. 

“Hey beautiful,” Liam made room on the couch for her to sit down and she hesitated for a moment before settling back into his arms. 

We sat and watched the end of the movie and by the time the credits rolled around most of the others were asleep. Paul came in and moved Zayn back into his bed while Emma followed after them to make sure Zayn was alright. Louis carried El to their room but Niall and Aria stayed asleep on the floor and Liam and Nora stayed cuddled on the couch while I snuck back upstairs. “Goodnight.” Liam whispered and he smiled before I shut the door behind me. 

After checking my phone and replying to a few emails from my mum I slipped into my pajamas and into bed, hoping I would warm up soon and the howling winds outside wouldn’t keep me up too long. I was sitting up reading when I heard a slight knock on my door. “Hello?” I folded the book across my lap and took out my head phones, wondering if I had just been imagining things but the door creaked open and a curly mop of hair soon crossed over the threshold. 

“Harry?”

“Sorry, were you sleeping?” He was in his flannel pajama pants and a faded grey shirt but to me he still looked perfect.

“No, just reading.” I sat up straighter in bed and ran my fingers through my hair, wondering what he could possibly want this late, especially after he made it perfectly clear what he thought of me in the kitchen this morning.

“Good. I was hoping you would be up. I kind of wanted to talk… about us.” 

“Us? I didn’t think there was an ‘us’ anymore Harry.” I tried to bite my tongue from snapping at him but his nonchalant behavior towards me after being the worlds biggest ass was really getting on my nerves. 

“Look I know how it may seem but I, I’d really like to talk about it. If you’ll let me.” I brought my pillow up to my chest and sighed. For so long I had wished he would come talk to me, forgive me for running out on him, take me back like nothing had ever happened; and now that he was actually sitting here in my room but after this morning I just wasn’t sure anymore. 

“So uh I guess I’ll start. I know this won’t be easy but I’ve just felt so lost without you. I know that I could say every cliche line in the book but it won’t make a difference. So I guess all I can say is that I love you Lara. I never stopped loving you and even though I’ve been the biggest jerk to you and quite frankly I deserved to be hit with a rolling pin and much worse for what I’ve put you through, I just hope you can forgive me.” I stayed quiet for a moment. This is what I had wanted. Here he was sitting on my bed practically begging for forgiveness and I didn’t know what to say.

“I…” His emerald green eyes studied my face, trying to guess what I would say or do next, I didn’t even know what I was thinking but before I knew what I’d done I’d let three words slip out of my mouth that I knew I wouldn’t regret. “I forgive you.”

“You do? Really?” He could help but smile like a child openeing presents on christmas morning. He leapt forward and hugged me, knocking my book off the bed before kissing me full on the lips.

“I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. And I’m never letting you go again.” He whispered into my ear as we laid back on the bed. 

“I love you too Harry.” I smiled before I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him like it was the last time I’d ever see him. Finally he was back, I was never walking away again.