Chapter 19: You and I

Carla was sitting on my bed but that wasn’t the thing that surprised me the most. Sitting next to her was a tall man with dark hair and a brooding expression on his face. Simon Cowell was sitting on my bed, and I had absolutely no idea why.

(NORA’S POV)

“Oh there you are, nice of you two to finally join us.” Simon smiled when he saw Zayn walk in and Zayn went through to give him a hug while I went in to the room to greet Carla. “It’s so nice to see you again!” Carla smiled warmly and Simon and the boys talked together on the other side of the room while Carla and I caught up. She had just stopped by to check in on me when she had run into Simon wandering around the hospital, clearly lost but too proud to ask for directions. Carla however took the initiative to show him to my room and they had been waiting with the others for Zayn and I to come back up from the gym.

Carla and I sat together on the couch though; we talked about the baby and she told me about her kids, it was nice just spending time with her but all too quickly an outburst from Liam drew us away from our carefree conversation.

“Are you kidding me? You’re just going to be feeding her to the sharks! They’re going to rip her to shreds, do you really want that to happen?” Liam was furious and his attitude reminded me of when they were hiding my pregnancy from me, he was livid and I had to step in to see what was going on.

“Liam, what’s wrong?” I stood up from my seat on the couch next to Carla and made my way over to where he was standing, a familiar crease forming on his forehead underneath his messy mop of curls.

“It, it’s nothing, because nothing is going to happen.” He looked pointedly at Simon and I turned to face him too.

“Come on Liam just take a minute to think about this, can you suggest anything better? Something like this was bound to happen eventually but at least this way we can ensure that it won’t get out of hand. ” His voice was strong and seemed to carry his power along with it but Liam just stood there, blatantly defying him.

“Liam, he could have a point you know…” Niall tentatively took a step forward and tried to reason with him, but his attempts were futile.

“Fine. If you think its such a good idea then why don’t you tell her your bloody brilliant plan.” The sarcasm was practically dripping off every word he said but Niall turned around to face me and I raised my eyebrows at him, waiting for an answer.

“Well uh, Simon it was your idea so… the floor is yours.” Simon rolled his eyes and Niall stepped back leaving just Simon and I facing each other in the middle of the room. I tried to be as confident as Harry had been but him being there still intimidated me so I stood to the back of the room next to Harry.

“Alright then, well it’s nice to see you again Nora. And as Liam has clearly made a fuss over it I might as well tell you too. I came here today to make a proposition to all six of you,” Wait did he say six? What could he possibly want with me? “Well you see you have become quite a public figure because of all the drama surrounding your accident and then your affiliation with the boys has only fueled that fire so, management has been pushing for you to do a televised interview with the boys. They’ve been trying to get them all on board before we came to you but they’ve been refusing to talk about it so, I had to step in the try and convince you all to do it.” At this stage I was having trouble processing what he was saying. Why on earth would anyone want to talk to, let alone look at me doing an interview when they would have the five most incredible boys standing right next to me? “Now we’ve gotten a few offers but before we say anything to them we need to get an okay from all of you guys.” Wow, I mean it was strange to think that so many people who I’d never even met had heard of me already but I guess that’s how the boys felt every day.