Chapter 45: Moments of Fidelity

A/N: Okay I'm finally done with finals and in two days I will officially be an upperclassman! Junior year here I come! But in other news I have finished your new chapter!! I can't believe that is story is so long, 45 chapters and counting is amazing and I can't thank you all enough! So even though I don't think any of you actually read these messages, I just wanted to say thank you again and that I hope you like this chapter. So please feel free to leave me a million comments with any questions, comments, advice or anything like that cause it would make my day to login tomorrow and see that you guys actually read and/or liked this chapter! But thanks so much and happy reading!! :) xx

**Oh and sorry it's a little bit shorter than usual but I hope for this chapter you'll view it as quality and not quantity!

*** Double disclaimer... sorry about the extra swearing in this chapter too but I found it necessary so I hope you don't mind it too much

*****************************************************************

“Do you want to talk? About anything?” Yes. Yes I want to tell you about my haunting nightmares. I want to break down and cry in your arms, telling you how hard everything has become and how sometimes I don’t think it will ever be worth it; that my struggles might have all been for nothing and I could loose everything in a heartbeat. 

“No, I’m fine.”

(HARRY’S POV)

“We don’t have to do this, I’m sure they’ll understand if we cancel or just don’t show up.” Liam’s usually perfectly styled hair was falling in his face and he hastily brushed it back as he tried to reason with Nora. We all bumped around in the back of the van but when I looked at Liam, his eyes had lost their sparkle and he looked the most worn out of all of us. “No. We’re going.” 

Her face was cold, her eyes empty. She had dark circles around them and her usually happy complexion was distorted by her obvious lack of sleep. “Please don’t do this to yourself, you know it’ll only make it worse.” Liam kept trying to get Nora to change her mind but I knew it was useless. We were just a few blocks away from the jail now and any attempts made to reason with her were futile, we were going to see him and that was that. 

“This is as far as I can take you in. The visiting coordinator  will meet you at the gate and take you into the building. Your lawyer will meet you there.” The van doors were slid back, revealing a desolate and haunting scene.; grey buildings, high-wired fences and security everywhere. I forced myself to get out of the car but my feet were like lead as I dragged them across the floor, with each step getting closer and closer to the monster behind bars. I wished I could just turn around and take Nora away from here, far away from all her troubles where I could watch her be happy. 

“Come on Harry.” Her voice called out to me but it was different, like a monotone filter had been placed over all her words. She wasn’t the same anymore. It had been three days since the announcement on the live news broadcast and since then Nora had changed so much it hurt. We dropped her off to her session that afternoon and after that she was an entirely different person. Usually after things like this she would be emotional, let her feelings out until she was ready to cope. But not this time, she was distant and cold. She wouldn't talk to us about any of it and had pushed as all away when we tried to console her, even Niall and Liam. 

But instead of wasting our time trying to figure out what was going on in her head, we had spent the last two days finding her the best lawyer we could, and we had succeeded. It wasn't easy and it didn't come cheap but Nora was worth that and so much more. And so, by yesterday afternoon, we had secured Mr Howard Thunder as her lawyer and when she had spoke with him over the phone, they had made plans to meet here today.