Chapter 24: Red Velvet Cupcakes

Even if this was the last time I saw him it was the best night of my life and I would never forget my first date with Zayn Malik.

(NORA’S POV) 

“Morning Harry,” I walked into kitchen to see Harry spreading peanut butter on toast. He had the radio on low in the background while he hummed along to the music.

“Hey gorgeous, how you feeling this morning?” He looked up at me and smirked when he saw that I was still wearing his old boxers and one of Louis’ faded striped t-shirts.

“No judging allowed, I never got the chance to go shopping with Ellie.” I poked my tongue out at him and stole the piece of toast off his plate as I sat down at the stool opposite him.

“Hey, I had to ask Lou really nicely to make that for me and then I had to put the peanut butter on all by myself.” I smiled at his absurd laziness and his face of pretend shock actually made me laugh out loud. I nearly spat the toast out everywhere as his lips contorted into a ridiculous expression. Harry continued making funny faces at me and all the while he had begun to make another piece of toast.

“So do you plan on getting any proper clothes any time soon or are you just going to dress like a homeless person for the interview?” Oh my god I had completely forgotten. In two weeks we were all going on Alan Carr’s show ‘Catty Man’ and the small bites of toast I had just eaten felt like they were going to come back up any second.

“Oh uh…”

“Nora it was a joke love, you look fine no matter what you wear. Are you okay?” Not wanting to put a damper on his high spirits this morning I just brushed it off as fatigue but I immediately felt guilty afterwards for not telling him the truth.

“Yeah I’m fine, so have you heard anything about Zayn’s date last night?” Wanting to change the subject quickly I was grateful when Louis walked into the room then too. His disheveled hair and dark circles under his eyes told me that he’d had a late night too.

“Oh yeah I ran into him in the elevator this morning and he said it was good but he’s a bit upset cause she’s heading home soon so he doesn’t think much will come from it.” We spent the next few minutes discussing what a shame it was and I made a mental note to visit him today and make sure he was holding up alright.

The rest of the morning went as usual, we all took turns in the bathroom and surprisingly Harry and Louis somehow managed to take up more time than me. Finally though we were all ready and Louis and Harry wanted to take me out for lunch so we grabbed our coats and keys so that we could go out for the afternoon.

“So, you in the mood for Italian, Mexican, French, Me?” Harry’s arm was draped casually around my waist and Louis was prancing along up ahead as we walked down the road with no particular destination in mind.

“Um, whatever you guys want, I’m not too hungry today.” Louis stopped and turned around; the wind was blowing in his stylized messy hair and I loved the way he could be so carefree and lighthearted no matter what the case. 

“Well if you don’t know what you feel like then what does this little one want?” He cheekily motioned to my stomach and I giggled as he stuck his own stomach out and imitated me. I was feeling pretty indecisive so I just suggested that we go to the place that we first come across that looks the best, and in the end that’s what we did.

A local pizzeria was open and we all split a meat lovers pizza, which turned out to be exactly what I had been craving. Louis and Harry ate so much I was shocked at how they could keep up their godlike figures but I guess it was all the singing, dancing and goofing off that they did nearly 24 hours a day. Unfortunately we didn’t spend long out for lunch because after nearly half an hour at the place people had begun to notice that they were with me. Like every other place we went it had begun to attract some attention from fans and other people who read tabloid magazines and had seen photos of us together before.