Chapter 25: What If

A/N: Thank you so much to the people who have read/fanned this cause it really means a lot so thanks! :) Other than that though please leave me a little rate/comment telling me what you think or what I should change or fix because they would help a lot! Thanks happy reading! :) x

****************************************************************************

Her voice changed once again as she walked in to the apartment, her high-heeled shoes making echoing sounds when she turned to face me as I shut the door behind her. “Nice to meet you I’m Danielle. Do you know if Liam will be home soon?” 

(NORA’S POV)

“Um yeah I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he’s on his way home now.” Danielle looked awkward and uncomfortable in the rooms that she seemed to know so well.

“Oh, okay thanks.” She pulled up a chair at the kitchen counter, glancing at the plate of cupcakes and then back at me raising an eyebrow. “You make these?” Her perfectly curly hair bounced back as she turned to look at me.

“Yeah, you can have one if you want.” I grabbed her a plate and she thanked me before taking a small bite. When she’d finished chewing I was going to ask her how she knew Liam but what she did next stopped me from doing anything of those sorts. Her lower lip quivered and a single tear rolled half way down her cheek before she hastily wiped it away.

“These…” She looked up, her brown eyes trying to hold back tears, “These are really good.” Her voice broke at the end of her sentence and her emotions flowed freely as she buried her head in her hands. I stood there for a moment, purely stunned by her strange reaction. Unsure of what to do next I sat down next to her and did my best to comfort her, handing her a box of tissues from the top shelf as her crying became more hysterical.

“Shhh, Danielle it’s okay, shhh. Alright, there you go.” She took a few deep breaths and tried to calm herself down, somehow still managing to look flawless after her frenzied outburst. “Danielle, are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?” I hesitantly tried to do whatever I could to calm her down, slightly freaked out myself about the stranger crying her eyes out in Liam’s apartment.

“No, uh I’m so sorry this is so embarrassing. It’s just you’re here and your baking for him and you’re so pretty and you-” She wiped away the small smudges of mascara from under her eyes and I got up to grab a glass of water for her, knowing all too well how dehydrated you can feel after crying.

“Thanks Nora, you’re so sweet but uh, there’s something I should probably tell you now.” Danielle sat down across from me, finally calmed down but she still didn’t look happy, she had a look in her eye that I knew belonged to a person reliving their past.

“Uh sure, anything.” She sat up a bit straighter and then took another deep breath before launching into an explanation.

“I probably owe this to you, seeing as you mean so much to him now. Um the day that you were uh, found, wait no I should probably start at the beginning.” She seemed frazzled and unsure of herself but still she went on with her story. “Okay well you’re probably assuming that I’m a close friend of Liam’s right?” She paused again, waiting to gage my reaction and I nodded encouragingly, still unsure of where exactly this story was going.

“Well I’m not, I probably was once, but for me it was always more than that, and for a while it even seemed that way for him too. You see I’m, no, I was Liam’s girlfriend; we went out for what seemed like forever and it was perfect. We were young and in love, when we were together it seemed like nothing could ever go wrong. But it became too much of a routine, the two of us were together for so long that we hardly even noticed when we began to grow apart. That was until one day back in late October.