Chapter 28: Save Me Now

A/N: I hope you can all forgive me for this chapter being late but I was really sick today and couldn’t get it up until now so I’m sorry. I hope you like it though and your feedback would be wonderful so I'd love to hear from more of you after this! I’m not too sure if I like the way I wrote this chapter but if you do then please let me know! Thanks again and happy reading! :) x

****************************************************************************

The timing couldn’t have been worse though because as I fought against him, Liam pulled open the door and I came face to face with his hurt and broken expression. I finally pushed Zayn off of me but Liam just stood there and stared in complete and utter disbelief.

(NORA’S POV)

It had been just over a month since I last saw the boys and my heart was pounding in my chest as I waited by the front door and saw the large black van pull up around the corner. Gemma’s hand gripped mine tighter and I smiled up at her as we anxiously waited for the boys to pull up. Robin and Anne were still out back getting the bungalow ready for the boys to stay in for Harry’s birthday but they would be out here soon to greet their baby boy for his big birthday weekend. 

“They’re here!” Gemma brushed back her long dark hair to reveal a mischievous glint in her brown eyes that perfectly mirrored the one I used to see in Harry’s green ones. I looked back up then and saw that the van had approached faster than I thought and before I knew it my legs were carrying me down to the sidewalk where the boys had begun to spill out of the car.

“Nora!” Niall picked me up and swung me around, and just seeing them all again made me happier than I could have imagined. Gemma had run down beside me to see her brother and she and Harry were holding each other tightly, tears streaming down on their smiling faces. I heard Anne and Robin come down as well and everyone was hugging and Anne, Gemma and I had all begun to cry which then upset Niall and soon everyone was overly emotional about the boys being back where their journey had first started.

Louis pulled me in close and he couldn’t help but exclaim about how big my bump had gotten over the short time I had spent away from them. After that Zayn came over and look down abashedly at his feet, “It’s really good to see you again, I’ve really missed you.” I smiled back and him and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. “I’ve missed you too Zayn.” He pulled away then and his usual smile was back in place, which gave me hope that me might have gotten past our little fiasco from before. I was about to say something to him but Harry ambushed me and engulfed me in a huge hug, he kissed me on the cheek before stepping back and placing his hands on my shoulders.

He looked me up and down, positively beaming, “Beautiful!” he exclaimed and he hugged me quickly again before making his way inside. Robin and the boys took all of their bags out the back and Gemma and Anne went in to make the last minute touches on lunch for them to have when they came back inside. That all would have all been fine if it hadn’t left Liam and I standing alone together on the pavement outside the Styles’ house.

“Hey,” His voice was soft but it was back to normal, which was a nice change after the last time I had seen him. Instead of looking up at him though I instead resorted to my usual habit of pulling down the ends of my sleeves over my wrists and hands. There was a moment of quiet when all I could hear was the scuffing of his shoes against the cement and the loud, raucous laughter reaching our ears from the open door of the house.

“Look why don’t we just try and forget about it all, for now at least and for the sake of Harry’s birthday okay…” I had yet to say anything to him but I simply nodded and he placed his hands over mine, which had previously been fiddling with a loose string on my shirt. I had no choice then but to look up and I was instantly lost in his ominous deep brown eyes. His hands felt so familiar around my own but I had to keep reminding myself that things weren’t back to normal between us, and because of my stupid decisions, they’d probably never be.