Chapter 53: Turbulence

A/N: So I'm not really sure what to say cause it's quite late and I'm really tired but uh... enjoy... please leave feedback... sorry if there are any mistakes... thanks... and happy reading! xx

Oh and it's my longest chapter yet.... (5520 words!) Yay! :)

*************************************************************************

"Anything you need me to do?" He asked innocently, but I just gripped his hand tighter and braced myself for the pinch of the needle and the strange sensation of blood being drawn that I had memorized during my time in the hospital. "Just don't leave me."

"Never."

(NORA'S POV) 

"All done." The nurse stepped away from the side of my bed and I let out a sigh of relief, pulling my arm back and holding it close to my chest to stop the slight throb from where the needle had entered my vein. 

"You did great." Liam kissed me on the forehead and I leant my head back against the bed, having been instructed not to stand up for a few minutes because I was prone to dizzy spells. "Just lay back for a while and I asked Lou to come back soon and give us an update on Lara." He smiled as I scooted over on the hospital bed and patted the empty space for him to lie next to me. 

"I just hope it helps." They had taken a full pint of blood but they were worried they might need more. Taking two pints of blood from a pregnant woman could lead to a higher risk of complications though so they were wary to take any more from me today; tomorrow though they warned me they might need more. 

My head was resting on Liam's chest as I drifted in and out of a drowsy sleep. I was tired already with all the excitement of the past few days but with the blood being drawn I had to stop myself from falling asleep on the bed. 

"We always seem to end up sleeping on hospital beds don't we," He chuckled as he kissed my forehead sweetly, sending a tingle down my spine. "Let's just hope we don't make a habit of it." 

"I think it's a bit late for that mate." Niall's head showed up around the corner with Aria in tow, the two of them inseparable as they shared the small armchair next to my bed. 

Liam smiled down at Niall before we were interrupted by Paul who came into the room with Zayn tagging along behind him. "Louis is staying with Harry till Lara wakes up and once she does they'll call us all back in there." Paul then pat Zayn on the shoulder before turning and taking a seat just outside the door, staying close enough to look out for us but still trying to give us all privacy, he really was the best. 

"Howler you holding up there?" Zayn took a seat on the vacant chair next to Niall and propped his feet up on the small coffee table in front of him. 

"Pretty good, but where've you been bub?" I tried to ask him casually so it didn't seem like I was prying, but I was never a very good liar and the concerned look in my eyes gave me away as Zayn broke our gaze and stared down at his feet. 

"Oh uh I was just getting some air, not a big fan of hospitals." I let it go. I knew he was lying but I wasn't in the mood to pick a fight. I saw Niall and Liam exchange small glances as they tried to figure out what was going on. 

I must've fallen asleep sometime after that because I was woken up by Liam gently brushing the hair out of my face as he whispered to me that Lara was waiting for us. 

"She's awake?" He nodded as he sat up and slid off the bed, turning back around and holding onto my waist as he helped me down and steadied me on my feet. I shut my eyes and pressed down onto my temples as he held me close, "I'm fine babe, just a dizzy spell." My casual attitude however did nothing to stop his concern and in the end I was put back in a wheel chair to be moved around the hospital. A strange sense of deja vu fell over all of us as we walked, or in my case was pushed, down the hall to Lara's crowded room.