Chapter 49: Luck of the Irish

I stood up on my toes and planted a soft kiss on his cheek before I walked inside, leaving him stuck there with a bewildered look on his beautiful face, what on earth had I gotten myself into this time.

(ZAYN’S POV)

“Nora, your seats here but I can swap with Liam if you two want to sit together?” I had found my seat by the aisle but I remembered Lou saying that we could change seats once we got on the plane. Nora glanced warily behind her at Liam, who seemed to be a ghost of his old self, a vacant look in his eyes, set back on his unusually pale face.

“No uh, I mean I’ll sit with you, if that’s alright?” I wasn’t sure who the question was directed to but I nodded and slid over to the window side so she could sit down and let the other passengers by. Liam slid into his seat next to Louis, who had been separated from Harry by Paul who wasn’t in the mood to deal with their monkey business on the plane. It wasn’t a very long flight at all, but we all knew what Louis and Harry could get up too and we all hoped that the next hour and a half would go smoothly.

I shoved Nora’s bag under the seats in front of us and immediately wrapped the seatbelt over my hips, hearing the click and letting out a deep breath and bracing myself for the flight ahead. I was never a very good flyer but after traveling a lot with the boys I had fallen into a rhythm of just falling asleep. Now that Nora was here though I didn’t know if I’d be able to sleep much, I’d be too worried about her to think about myself.

“Why do people keep staring at me? It’s not like I’m going to give birth tomorrow!” I chuckled quietly as Nora yanked down on the seatbelt and loosened it so it would fit over her baby bump, which she quickly and defiantly covered with her sweater as she eyed the nearby passengers.

“It’s okay love, you’re just so tiny that it looks bigger than it really is. Don’t be self-conscious though, you’re gorgeous.” I smiled as she blushed and relaxed back into her seat while the flight hostesses walked down the aisle, checking seatbelts and carry-on bags before the pilot came over the intercom and announced the pending take off.

I looked over at Nora out of the corner of my eye and saw her body stiffen as she tensed up, a familiar worried look being slowly inked onto her face while we taxied out to the runway. I didn’t say anything but just reached out and took her hand in mine, holding it reassuringly over the armrest separating our two bodies as the engine’s roar filled our ears.

“Thank you.” She mouthed and I felt my stomach flip as we took off, soaring over the city life below and the people beneath us turning to the size of ants as we slowly but surely climbed higher into the sky.

“How you doing love?” Harry peaked his head out in front of us and I caught a glimpse of Lara sitting next to him through the gap between the seats as we leveled out and settled in for a short but calm flight to Dublin.

“Better than I expected, it’s just strange to think I’m hundreds of miles up in the air, I guess I’ll get used to it though.” She shrugged and crossed and uncrossed her legs, trying and failing to get comfortable in her seat.

“Yeah it gets easier, you’re doing better than Zayn on his first flight though. I swear the poor lad nearly wet himself when we took off.” He smirked through the small gap between the seats but it was my turn to blush now. I didn’t say anything though, I knew Harry was just making fun of me to make Nora feel better so I sucked it up and gave him an annoyed look as Nora giggled in her seat next to me.

Harry turned back around then and within minutes I could hear his and Louis’ giggly girly conversation filling the cabin, it was a small plane and I took the time then to look around at the other passengers. There was no one out of the ordinary but we were lucky there weren’t any teenage girls on our flight or anyone who recognized us either.