Chapter 62: I Won't Give Up

A/N: As promised here is Chapter 62!!! I still can't believe how long this story is but I hope you like this chapter and please don't hesitate to critique or give feedback or whatever when you're done reading. But jut thanks so much and as always... happy reading! :) xx

***************************************************

A pair of hands gripped my 'weapon' but I soon recognized those hands. I knew them all too well and as I stumbled back into the light of the kitchen I suddenly felt very very foolish. 

"Harry?" 

(ZAYN'S POV)

"Thanks for dinner boo!" Niall turned around and called out to Louis from where he was dancing with Aria in the middle of the deserted street. 

"You're welcome!" He slurred back, holding Eleanor's hands and balancing on the edge of the sidewalk, dangerously close to falling over and dragging her down with him, but she was laughing so much I didn't think she would have minded at all. 

Paul was going to get the car and we were all mulling about on the empty street corner with nothing but the moon and the stars to give us light. We had been out all night and had finally decided to turn in and go home. I was sitting on a bench so I wouldn't tire out too much before we got home. It had been nice going out with them all but I understood now why I had chosen not too go all those times before. It was exhausting. But I didn't want Emma to feel alone and apparently Louis and Nora had come up with a 'pure genius' plan to get Harry and Lara back together which required all of us out of the house so I didn't really have much of a choice in the end. 

"Hey," Emma came over and sat down next to me, wrapping her coat closer around her waist as she rested her head on my shoulder. I held her hand and she smiled as she began tracing the tattoos on my arm like Nora always used to. 

"Hey love." I smiled as she laughed watching Niall and Aria dancing in the street. But soon her laugh was replaced with a sigh and I held her closer, she had been less talkative since we got here and I was beginning to wonder if she really hadn't wanted to come instead of the 'playing hard to get' situation I had imagined in my mind. 

"So how do you think Harry and Lara are going?" She looked up at me just before a pair of headlights rounded the corner, stopping just in front of Niall and Aria. 

"Well I guess we're about to find out." I smiled and stood up, Nora and Liam immediately came over to help me into the car and within fifteen minutes I was being unloaded again and helped up the front stairs by Emma and Nora. 

(HARRY'S POV)

I had rounded the corner quietly, trying not to squeal like a little girl when it suddenly dawned on me that I was about to run into the very stranger I was scared of. But before I had time to react...

*wham*

...something that felt as heavy and hard as a brick swung at me and hit my shoulder. I tried to call out but then another swing came and hit my head, that was it. I reached out into the darkness and grasped hold of something slightly resembling a baseball bat, shit I would have a headache in the morning. 

"Harry?"

"Lara? Fuck, what the bloody hell was that for?" She stumbled into the light of the kitchen and I pulled the 'weapon' fully out of her hands, swinging it down by my side so she couldn't hit me again. "Shit, d'you really hate me that much? Feel the need to hit me over the head with, wait is that a fucking rolling pin?"

"I, I'm so sorry. I didn't know anyone else was home and I panicked! I thought you were a bloody murderer!"

"Yeah well I thought you wouldn't bail when things got hard so I guess we were both mistaken!"