Chapter 59: Nostalgic Nora

**EDITED CHAPTER**

A/N: All I really have to say is sorry and ENJOY! And also please let me know what you think! I went in a bit of a different direction with this chapter than I originally intended but I hope you like it just the same and please give me any sort of feedback you have at the end! Thanks and happy reading! :) xx

***************************************************

She moved on instead to general questions until I glanced out the window and saw Zayn staring back at me. He wasn't mad, he looked a little sad actually. I guess he remembered whose room this had been as well. 

"Oh my god is that... is that Zayn Malik?" 

(ZAYN'S POV) 

I recognized the look in Nora's eyes before my own fell upon the girl sitting in the bed next to her. 

She wanted me to leave.

The girl's eyes had grown wide like a deer in the headlights but she still had a smile, or smirk like she knew some huge secret. It took me a few seconds to pull myself away from the door but when I did I saw Louis quickly running towards me from my room down the hall. 

"Zayn! There you are! I leave for five minutes and come back to find you... here..." He paused at the end of his rant. His eyes tracing the numbers on the side of the door as his breathing suddenly became more rapid and his eyes hazed over slightly. He remembered too. 

"Sorry mate, Harry called and told me Nora had run out of her appointment so I came looking for her while you were gone. I was just walking by and uh- she's sitting in there just talking to uh a girl, a patient I guess." 

"Well can we get Nora out?" He stood up on his toes to get a look through the small window but I quickly pulled him back before he got the chance. 

"Probably not the best idea Lou, I think the other girl recognized me." 

"Oh, maybe we should get you back to your room then?" I nodded and stumbled towards my room with his arm under my shoulder trying to help me the best he could. 

(EMMA'S POV)

"Oh my god is that... is that Zayn Malik?" Nora had been distracted by something outside but when I looked out the tiny window my heart almost stopped. Zayn Malik was staring back at me.

"Uhm... maybe." Nora glanced at me warily but I just laughed and swung my legs over the side of my bed. My mum came over and silently slipped some UGG boots on my cold feet, not even questioning my getting out of bed. She was used to me acting impulsively and just went back to reading while Nora stood up and tried to block my way to the door. 

"Nora, I'm not going to freak out or scream or anything okay? I just want to say hi, you're here with him aren't you?" She paused before nodding and I smiled and how protective she was of him.

"If you promise you won't freak out then I guess I could take you to say hi, I'm sure they wouldn't mind." She eased up a bit as her eyes studied me closely, making sure I would uphold my promise. 

"I won't freak out, promise!" I leapt forward and hugged her before pulling away and blushing slightly. I didn't know how to describe it but Nora just seemed to be so open and friendly and I was so glad I had met her, even if it was in a nostalgic hospital room. 

"So are you and Liam engaged?" I made casual conversation while she walked me down to his room. 

"Um not really, just dating." 

"I wish I was dating someone who would buy me rings like that." Nora laughed as she twirled the diamond around her slender finger. 

"It's more of a promise actually, but I'm sure you'll find someone Emma." I smiled back at her but didn't have much time to say much else because we were soon knocked over by a certain curly haired band member running down the hall.