Chapter 44: Tainted Memories

A/N: Hello! Okay so you better all love me right now because at first I said Friday, then Thursday or Wednesday, but it is currently Tuesday and this chapter is for you! I know its a bit shorter than usual but I still hope you like it and please please please let me know what you think because I really wanted to try and make this chapter the best I could for you all and to update as soon as possible, which I did :) Thank you all though and like I said, your feedback after the last chapter was amazing and it totally made my day so I’d love to get some more feedback like that after this one as well! Thanks though and happy reading xx

**Oh and if there are any problems with this chapter please let me know because I haven’t had any time to edit it yet and would hate for there to be any issues**

****************************************************************

His arms were around her waist but the TV in the background caught everyone’s attention when the message that we had been waiting for flashed across the screen. “Man Accused of Attempted Man-Slaughter Fights for Custody of Unborn Child.” Shit. 

(NIALL’S POV)

“Nora, Nora look at me! Nora please!” Liam and Harry were pleading with Nora as she sat, glassy eyed and getting paler by the second on top of the marble counter. Harry was stood frozen like a statue, staring at the TV as a grainy film started playing and his malicious and scruffy face filled the screen. Zayn had stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him and you could hear his fists banging against the wall, muffling his exasperated cries. 

“Get her out of here! Get here out of here right now!” Louis paused the TV and I immediately stepped forward, grabbing her hands in my own as I practically lifted her down from the counter, half dragging her towards the front door. She was shaking in my arms but I managed to support her all the way up to my apartment. When I got there though, I realized that no one had followed. I guess they all knew that she was already too overwhelmed and everyone trying to comfort her at once wouldn’t do anyone any good. 

I sat her down on the couch and set my phone out on the table incase anyone called before I got started making some tea and watched her carefully to make sure she didn’t do anything drastic again. By the time the water was boiled her tears had stopped and I sat down next to her and placing the warm mug in her shaking hands, leaving mine covering hers to support the mug and make sure it didn’t spill. 

“Nora I’m here to talk whenever you’re ready, but I’m not going to let you disappear again. You can’t hide away from these problems and I’m not loosing you, we’re not loosing you again.” She didn’t look away from her shaking hands but I saw her bite back on her lip to try, unsuccessfully, to stop the tears from welling over and sinking down her face once more. 

“I just don’t know what I’m going to do anymore.” I sighed and set her mug down on the coffee table, turning to face her and try and console her the best I could. “I just had this whole perfect plan in my head of what would happen once I moved on but everything always gets screwed up and it’s not fair!” Her voice cracked at the end and I leant forward holding her close and rubbing soothing circles across her back to stop her from shaking. “I know, I know it’s not fair I know. But we’ll get there, just you watch, we’ll get there and it will all be worth it, I promise.” 

“You promise?” She looked up and her sad eyes glistened with fresh tears. 

“Have I ever lied to you Nora?” She shook her head and I chuckled slightly as her tears fell into her mug, splashing the tea around as I placed it back in her hand and she lifted it up to take a sip. “See, you can trust me, and you’ll be happy I promise. You, Liam and the baby will be the perfect little family, I can see it already.” I smiled to myself as the image played itself in my head, Liam was practically a father already.