Waking Up

The tears pricked your eyes, having finally found a moment to open up. You had never opened up like this to any human before, funny that it took a monster to bring out what humans had failed to. Sometimes society is like that and it takes the most unlikely people to bring out the best in us. Your attention is diverted upon hearing the front door open and close ever so gently, as to not wake the sleeping skeleton in the room. Your heart had finally begun to settle, seeing Sans move ever so slightly and making you feel more confident he was going to pull through. The thought made you smile softly, turning to the door and seeing a small dinosaur like monster enter the room. She seemed to be shivering, making your way over to the thermostat and cranking up the heat in case the creature was shivering out of cold instead of the fear that wrecked through your body to it's very core.
" I..I came as s..soon as I could " The stutter was slightly off putting, your mind too hazy to fully piece together what they were saying. You feel your soul beat faster, the monster looking over to you with shock and awe in her  large eyes.
" A..a..human? " Your heart begun to sink a little and you could feel your nerves creep up on you.
Would this monster accept you?
Would you feel discrimination from both species? You knew deep down you couldn't handle that, even with the new power you possessed. You look to Papyrus, a saddened and nervous look in your eyes. Not Papyrus though. His sockets were relieved and gleeful, like this monster in the room was some sort of lifeline. He nods to you, turning to his guest and speaking with a soft but yet proud time of voice.
" She's family Alphys, my brothers soulmate! "
" S... soulmate?! " You didn't like the tone Alphys was using. You weren't offended, more scared of her reaction. Scared of the unknown. To your surprise the monster just smiles sweetly after a short pause, before coming closer and placing a scaled and rough yellow paw onto your shoulder.
" A..any f..friend of Papyrus and Sans I..is a friend of m..mine " You smile back, relieved and physically able to feel the color run back into your face. You soul fluttered at the acceptance, able to feel the calm that was now lingering within you.
" Thank you " You turn to Sans, wondering when he would awake. It would seem you and Papyrus were on the same wavelength, the silence finally being broken by the taller skeleton's unnaturally quiet voice.
" How is he still alive Alphys? " The monster in a lab coat looks Sans over almost like she was trying to look into his very being, using machines you didn't recognize to find results to questions you couldn't fathom. You sit there with bated breath, watching silently as Alphys did her thing.
Her eyes grow wide at what she had found, almost visably shaking in what could only be described as either nervousness or shock.
" H..his HP. Its...it's 200 "
HP?
" WHAT?! " You could feel the force in Papyrus' voice bounce around the room, placing your hands on his cold boney shoulders to calm him down.
" What's HP? "
" It's basically how many hits a monster can t..take before they...turn to..d.. dust. Sans normally only has o..one point but now...it's...."
You wondered how or why this had happened, perhaps something to do with your connection to the small skeleton. You find yourself lost in thoughts, your soul showing you all the connections of the past days.
You share power.
You share a deep bond.
You feel one another's innermost feelings.
Maybe just maybe you share something more.
" Hehe I'm not bitin' the dust just yet. Wouldn't want my special soulmate getting bonely hehe "
Sans? You snap from your thoughts to see the entire room inveloped in the glorious hue that shone off your soul, Sans sockets finally open with a weak smile on his face but a smile none the less.
" C'mere " You smile, tears falling faster then the most violent river and just like that you find your arms around the skeleton, sobbing into his bloodstained shirt.
" I'm here sweetheart. I'm goin' nowhere "