A Skele-ton Of Love

You sigh contently and tiredly, rubbing your eyes almost in a childlike fashion. The room was still softly lit, making you smile with ease. You seemed to be facing the tv, the menu repeating over and over again like a broken record. You look down to see a skeletal arm still wrapped tightly around you, soft snoring behind you. You interlock your fingers with Sans', feeling them practically tighten around yours. Your smile widens and you recall the day that had passed. Things had gone so quickly for the both of you and granted things would have gone slower if it hadn't have been for your ambush at the bar but you didn't mind. You loved being in the skeleton's company and could tell how genuine he was as a person, that and the whole soulmate thing. Heh, a soulmate. The information was still sinking in and you still found it hard to believe. You turn to face Sans, jumping back a little at the look that lay on the monster's features. Sans' sockets were as black as ebony, a smile still on his face. You sigh softly, wiping the bright blue drool from Sans' skull. How cute! Sans shifts on the sofa and that's when it hits you. Sans had laid you down to sleep with him on the couch, obviously not wanting to wake you from your peaceful slumber. He knew how rough the day had been for you and obviously wanted you to rest as much as possible, nothing mattered as long as you were content. You did wish he would look after himself through. You move closer to the skeleton, placing your hands on his chest. This was problematic though. You had completely missed Sans' rib cage, your hands reaching through to his spine. You retract your hands quickly, trying hard to stifle a giggle and eventually erupting into laughter. Easier said then done. Your soft chuckles become full on laughter, shaking Sans from his sleep. 

" W..what? Babe? What's goin' on? " You watch as Sans scratches his skull, still laughing at his expense of course. Sans narrows his brow, eventually pulling you in closer and looking past you to the clock. He chuckles, resting his hands on your back and wrapping his feet around your ankles lovingly. You loved how much of a free spirit he was, cool and calm just like his soul. A soul which shined brightly whenever you were near. You smiled once more, able to finally rest your head on Sans' rib cage. You both lay in silence, listening to each other's gentle breaths. The sound was calming and soothing, almost like a stream of flowing crystal blue water. Sans gently pulls the cover over you both and you willingly snuggle into it, welcoming in the warmth that resided. 

" Why not snooze a little longer babe? " You accept the monster's offer, realizing for a split second how alike you both were, lazy and always tired. You listen closely to the soul that pulsated close to you. You could feel your own soul do the same, pluses uniting in harmony as they sang the age old song of love. A blush spreads across the skeleton's features, causing him to laugh nervously for a few seconds before chucking softly as his soul began to brighten once more. At first it was blinding but it soon emitted a soft hue, letting you see the soul directly. When they say the soul is what keeps you going, it was literal for Sans. His soul was shaped as a stereotypical heart with a blue color. You listened closely to the sounds it made, causing Sans to blush deeper. The sound once again soon drifted you to sleep, seeing your own soul glow bright (F/C) as you did. Sans runs his finger through your hair gently. It would seem that Sans was a monster with a skele-ton of love to give and you were willing to accept.