A New Path Emerges

You could hear Sans in the other room, talking quietly with his brother. Even though he didn't sound it, you knew the short skeleton was nervous. You were the same, eyeing the stairs for quite some time before taking a few small steps. 

One, two, three, four.

You counted each step as you walked, closer to the truth with every footstep that passed. You could almost reach out and touch it, the truth that you ever so wanted to know. You turn to face Sans' room, the laughing and joking of the two skeletons seeming so far behind. So faint, almost like a dream. You reach slowly for the handle, retracting your hand and taking a small breath. 

" Ok Sans, here I go "  You open the door with a soft creak and closing it all the same, softly but also loud enough that you knew that Sans could probably hear you. You didn't have time to worry about that now though, finding the diary being your only objective. You rummage through the room, looking for the desired drawer, it being nowhere in your line of sight. You knew that Sans would keep something like this tightly hidden away, not wanting his brother or others to know. With every second that passed, your soul became heavier, thumping against the walls of its bony prison. If you didn't find the book soon you feared that your soul would break free, vanishing into the open air like a thin fog. You would never know love again and you feared that such a day would soon come. 

You were about to give up hope, wishing deep down that Sans had the time to give you more information but you knew that he felt uncomfortable and didn't want to pressure him into answers at the time, much like he never pressured answers from you on sensitive subjects. Something catches your attention, a small image reflected in your shimmering (E/C) orbs. It was a poster, nothing unusual about it expect the piece of wood you saw peaking out from the corner of the paper. Curiosity overtakes you like a heavy shower, covering your whole body in a deep curiosity. Pulling the paper back you find a small wooden door, padlocked and rusty. Could this be what Sans wanted you to find? 

" Ok, let's try this key " You place the key into the lock, hearing a small and gentle clicking noise.Had it worked? You turn the key slowly, watching with bated breath as the heavy padlock fell to the floor with a loud thud, causing you to jump and sending a small shiver down your spine. 

" Sans? What was that loud noise brother? " 

" Nothin' bro but safe to say that the noise rattled my bones hehe " 

" SANS! " You smile softly, hearing the skelebros argue below you. They had been so accommodating to you, even though you felt like you didn't deserve it and still somewhat feeling like a stranger in their home. Your heart sank, suddenly remembering what you had to do and why you were stood in your beloved skeleton's room. To find out a deep and perhaps terrifying truth. You finally turn to the wooden safe, opening the door slowly. Light streamed in, revealing an old leather bound book that was worn and almost rotting. It looked like it could have been in Sans' home for years without being touched but the lack of dust on the book probably meant that the book had been handled recently. 

The book was soft despite its old age, only the smallest tears across the cover and spine. You take a deep and long winded breath, opening the front cover and seeing the start of many probable entries. Time to read and find out what this whole timeline business was and how it involved you. 

Entry One 

' Woke up in a hot sweat last night. Damn, I can still feel the cold sweat on my skull now. It has been some time since I had a night like that, perhaps there was some warnin' that I needed to know of and maybe somethin' I need to change. 

As for what I saw...well it is kinda hard to explain right now so here are the basics. A group of humans surrounded by the sounds of terrifying screams. Will update when I know more about it. God, I hope that it's nothing about Paps. '

Entry Two

' Things are becoming a little clearer now. It seems like Paps is safe but someone else may not be.Someone is a danger, a human with (H/C) hair to be exact. Blood poured from their head, monsters and humans alike rushing to aid them. All I could do was watch as their soul lifted away from them into the soft morning sky, leavin' me feelin' somewhat sorrowful despite me not even knowin' them.  What happened here? Who is this person? What can I do to stop this?  '

Entry Three

' I saw a human much like the one I saw in my vision, pale skin, silken hair and gorgeous (E/C) eyes. She looked so innocent. What could she have done to perhaps anger others? '

Entry Four 

' For the first time in weeks I had a decent night's sleep, thoughts of that beautiful girl filling the empty space inside my skull. I feel somethin' that I have never felt before, my soul shining whenever I feel that way. Could it be? Is she...'

Entry Five

' No. This can't be happening. My mind cleared up, finally able to see and make sense of my visions. The girl had attend a public speaking of Frisk and she got caught up in some protesters. She was caught in one of their attacks. Such an innocent soul, to die in such a terrible way at the hands of some unforgiving scum. I remember holding her in my arms, tears flowing down my skull and onto her soft and pale face. I need to keep vigilant now at the speakings. I cannot let this timeline happen. I will not allow another innocent soul to die again, not after what happened in the underground. 

Entry Six

' I feel that today may be the day. I need to keep my eyes on that girl today. She is in danger and only I can protect her. I can feel something between our souls and that could be our saving grace, perhaps the combined power of our souls can help us keep her heart ticking along. I will update to let you know if I succeed '

Tears begin to prick your eyes, knowing that your life could have ended so soon that day. Sans saved you because he knew how it all would end. In all truth you had felt something when you both locked eyes but you thought nothing of it. Sans had known all along though. You hold the book close to your chest, tears finally falling on the torn fabric. You hear the door creak open slowly behind you, soft shuffling on the floor and someone else entered the room. Your soul flutters gently, almost like it was awoken by a strong force.

" I haven't been able to update the book yet babe, been keepin' you close y,know? " You turn to see Sans, a soft smile on his face and a soft blue hue in his sockets. You drop the book, flinging your arms around the short skeleton, frantically thanking him for his good deed in saving your life. He had changed fate, stopped your untimely death and loved you like no other ever had. You owed him so much and as the souls danced around you both, leaving soft blue and (F/C) mist, you felt at ease. You felt safe. 

Sans.....thank you