Coffee break

You keep close to the skeleton, burying deeper into his jacket with each street you passed. You could tell that certain passers by didn't approve of your actions with the monster but you tried not to let it bother you. After all, it would seem that Sans was prepared to protect you if things became dangerous. You knew he was good for it, able to tell that he was a kind soul with not even a single cruel bone in his body. You finally stop walking, hearing the faint chirp of birds from inside the clothed walls of the skeleton's jacket. 

" Hey babe, this your place? " You take a deep breath, braving to come outside. It was so warm despite Sans' lack of skin. You could have stayed there all day, fallen asleep even but you had to check that Sans had the right place. You look up at the block of flats in front of you, seeing the vase of blue flowers that you kept on your windowsill. Echo Flowers. You had bought them when the monsters surfaced, finding them in almost every flower shop that was willing to sell monster goods. They were great at reminding you to do things, repeating whatever you said. You smile, finally beginning to relax, knowing you were close to home. You exit Sans' jacket and begin to climb the stairs, you stop. Something didn't feel right. Sans had been kind enough to buy you breakfast ( Even though you had paid in the end ). You felt like you needed to repay him for his kindness. You turn, smiling brightly at the monster, him doing the same to you. You sigh contently and put your hands into your coat pockets. 

" Want to come in for a coffee Sans? " The skeleton chuckles, making his way up the stairs, his slippers thumping gently on the stone steps. You hadn't noticed before how casually dressed the skeleton was, not that you minded. If you could you would walk around in your pjs and slippers for the rest of your life. They were so comfy. You could see Sans' reasoning for how he dressed. You escort the skeleton to your flat, watching as others gave you both looks of disgust. Did this count as a date? You weren't too sure. Were you and Sans technically dating yet? He had kissed your cheek, so perhaps so. Turning the lock of your door, you both enter the flat. You locked the door behind you, suddenly not able to look at Sans in the sockets. Your heart felt heavy, full of nervousness and embarrassment. You had never let anyone else into your home. Sans was the first. What would he think of your home? You watched as he looked around the living room, studying each picture you had hung up and smiling as he did. He always smiled, making it hard to tell what he was thinking or what he really felt. You keep your eye on him as you clean up from the night before, placing the plate in the sink. 

" So.." You jump, hearing Sans' deep voice suddenly. He was so quiet that you had forgotten he was even there. 

" Why don't ya come in and get your coffee? " Coffee? You were about to make some. How could Sans have some when he hadn't left the room? You pull away from the kettle, smelling fresh coffee in the air. You enter back into the living room, two cups of fresh coffee on the table. Sans chuckled, seeing your confused expression and finding it amusing. He removed his jacket, exposing his bony arms and causing you to wonder if he was cold without any skin. 

" Come sit babe, it's a BREW-tiful day hehe " You smile, loving the skeleton's puns the more he made them. You sit next to him, picking up your coffee and placing a few loose strands of (H/C) hair behind your ears. How had he gotten these drinks? Was it his magic? No matter. You loved it all the same.