Free Time

You smile upon seeing Sans exit the bar, slowly making his way back over to you with a telltale smile on his face. You could tell that he was happy, his smile genuine and sincere. The broken bond had been mended, lives could now continue tranquilly and normally. That smile, it warmed your very bring. You had never exactly smiled like that yourself, not since before Sans. The closet you came was laughing at the cheesy comedy shows you watched on Friday night, a temporary release from your problems and a quick escape. They say laughter is the best medicine and it never failed to make you smile. Maybe that was one of the qualities that attracted you to the skeleton in the first place. His soft spoken voice, his punny jokes. It was a perfect combination, one that caused your soul to flutter tenderly with each word spoken. A perfect remedy. Sans once again sits beside you, pulling you delicately into his embrace. He laid his arm over your shoulder as he softly exhaled and sighed, happy to be back in your company once more. You could feel your soul lighten, soon it felt like a feather that floated gracefully in the wind. You chuckle, moving closer into Sans' coat, almost instinctively as you felt the warm sensation of his soul surround you. 

" It's all ok now babe. No need to worry " You smile, gripping onto the blue coat fabric gently. You had completely forgotten about Mettaton's presence among you, no longer feeling fear or hate from your relationship. The room was filled with acceptance, a welcome feeling to both you and the skeleton. Sans suddenly looks up, a blue blush dusting his cheeks gently upon realizing that Mettaton was watching you both with a look of wonderment, his eyes glazed with a yearning for the same affection. 

" Somethin' I can do for ya buddy? " Mettaton jolts, almost like he was in a daze of some sort. You giggle cutely, feeling Sans' bony fingers run through your (H/C) hair. It was almost like he was teasing the flamboyant robot, wanting to see how far he could push him. You smile, feeling drowsy at the comfort that ran through your body. Soft, pink and fleshy curtains began to shade your sight, snapped open by the sudden sound of plates hitting the wooden table. 

" One Ketchup and one (F/M). Enjoy " Grillby leaves with a smile, Mettaton following quickly behind and joining Papyrus at the bar. You sit up slowly, catching a glimpse of the mischievous smile that lay on the skeleton's face. Could this be what he had wanted? For Mettaton to go to his brother and talk with him? You didn't know but there was something that was sure to you. You were hungry, your stomach making thunderous noises and causing you to shy away from embarrassment. Sans held you tightly though, taking the ketchup bottle in his free hand. The bar's patrons had grown accustomed to the behavior between you and Sans, knowing your love to be as real as the stars that laden the night sky. Maybe their souls could sense the connection of others. You were shaken from your thoughts upon seeing a fork sitting patiently in front of your face, a blue glow surrounding the untensial. 

" Eat up babe, you look famished. You have been workin' yourself down to the bone hehehe " You smile, seeing the blue flame covering the monster's right socket. He was obviously using magic to his advantage once again. You chuckle, reaching forward to take the food from the fork, leaning back into Sans after doing so. It was nice to have some free time every once in a while. This was going to be a long road but everyone needed time out right? You snuggled into the combined warmth from your souls, the glow of your love lighting the once dim corner around you. It was a moment filled with magic and peace, perfect for such a wonderful day.