Escort

" What do you call a skeleton who presses the door bell? A dead ringer " 

" The quality of these puns is a BONEAFIDE disaster " It seemed like you had been listening to Sans' bad jokes for hours, hearing the crowd groan in response to each one. It made you smile though, seeing the skeleton so content in his job, not even many humans were this happy. You suddenly feel an intense heat near you, feeling your face and noting it to be cold. Sans had seated you next to an open window and the cold air kept blowing in every so often, causing you to shiver a little. So, what was the heat you felt? You turn, seeing Grillby sit across from you, his fires cracking all over the wooden floor. For a moment you wondered why the bar hadn't gone up in flames yet but then you realize that this was a monster bar you were thinking about. You didn't even know monsters were real till three months ago so you decided not to rationalize this any further. The fire monster sighed, watching the skeleton on the stage closely. 

" I still should have made him pay back his tab in money " Tab? Did Sans owe money to the elemental creature? You were about to speak up, Grillby turning to you calmly and cleaning the glasses that lay on his featureless face. You reach for your purse, having brought it with you as you had planned to buy breakfast after the speaking, no need for that now though. You now had money to spare and you didn't want Grillby left short or Sans having the burden of his tab on his shoulders all the time. You reach into the clothed walls, pulling out a few notes. Grillby notices this and pushes the money back into its home, shaking his head gently at you. 

" No need, Sans is paying back by working for me, putting on terrible comedy routines. He's already paid back half of his tab back to me " You look back to the stage, seeing the audience clap, probably glad they didn't have to hear any more terrible puns. Sans picks up his bottle and makes his way out of the spotlight, coming closer to you and placing the microphone next to you. 

" How was the show babe? "  You nod enthusiastically, showing the skeleton that you enjoyed his many terrible puns and attempts to make a group of grown monsters groan in distaste. He ruffles your (H/L) (H/C) hair and places a bony hand on your shoulder. He smiles at you, like he always did and pulls you close to him' his height making you almost as tall as him despite you being seated. 

" She's a good one Sans, tried paying off your tab for you " The skeleton looks at you, his sockets widening for a mere moment before returning to normal. He seemed to appreciate your gesture. You look down embarrassed, your face flushing quickly of its color. You had never expected Grillby to tell his friend about your kind deed. Sans coughs, his face flushing a light blue from knowing that potential girlfriend tried to get him out of debt. 

" Want me to escort ya home? " You nod, picking up your things and paying for the food, not wanting Sans in any more debt. You didn't care if he was preforming to pay back what he owed, you still wanted to help, sneaking a few twenty pound notes into the final bill. You smile proudly, having pulled the wool past the fire monster's non existent eyes. You walk out of the bar, Sans holding out his arm for you to link with him as you walked. You blush, wrapped your arm around his and leaning into him as you walked. You could hear the skeleton's bones clicking as you walked to your home but more importantly, you took note of the stares you and the skeleton were getting. Awe filled ones and some hateful. You bury your face into the skeleton's coat, embarrassed. 

" Don't worry sweetheart. If they mess with ya then I will give 'em a bad time hehehe "