Burdens

You watched in slight awe as Sans crumbled under Frisk's written words. You had never seen the two emotions mix within the skeleton, sparking something inside you like a newly lit flame. It was a happiness you wished to share with the monster, finally seeing for real how much you meant to him. Sure, he held you close and spoke comfortingly but his actions at that very moment all seemed different then the rest. They felt more genuine, heartfelt even. You reach out for the paper, Sans still gripping you tightly and trying to wipe away his tears all at once. You smiled softly at this, knowing that despite how hard Sans tried the tears would never dry, happiness that never dried up like an old lake but was always kept clean and pure, like a cherry blossom tree that malted in the summer. You examine the paper closely, feeling your own tears begin to arise with every word you read. Frisk really did have a way with words. You read the not over once more, making sure you weren't imagining the kind words the child had said.

' Sans, I'm sorry about all this. (Y/N) seems like a nice person and neither of you deserve this. How about I speak openly about this to the town, y'know, like I have before? Show them there is no need to be afraid. We all need to stay determined right? Like that we can do anything. Let's see what we can change together huh Sans? '

It was short and sweet, a perfect embodiment of Frisk them self.The words struck you deep down, thinking of only one thing to say as you lean into the skeleton once more and hold him close. 

" Thank you Frisk " The child smiles back at you gracefully. You could now see how Frisk had freed the monsters from the Underground. They were a smooth talker with a heart of gold, someone to trust with your very life and now someone who would look out for you and have your back. Sans sighed softly, kissing your cheek gently as a dark blue blush dusted his face. He still wasn't used to showing his affections in public, making him even cuter to you then he was normally. You would have nuzzled his nose if he had one, alas he did not and you just bopped the bridge of his nose instead, causing him to chuckle gently. His bones moved in a rhythm as he laughed, up and down at a steady pace. 

" Nobody nose how to make me laugh quite like you do " You smile, wrapping yourself in the skeleton's arms and placing your hand over his soul, which had begun to shine once more. Frisk and Tori looked on in astonishment at this, seeing how close you had become in such a short time. They had both seen you get attacked at the speaking after all and had seen you leave with Sans. They must not have expected anything to come from you both meeting but alas here you were. In Sans' warm, coated arms and the happiest you had ever been. Something wasn't completely right though. You saw a lingering sadness in those deep sockets. One burden had been lifted but another remained. Papyrus. He must have still felt bad despite your efforts. Looks like there was another hurdle to overcome.