Two Souls, One Life

The souls continued to dance for some time, leaving trails of mist as they did. It was a magical sight that filled your heart with wonder. Sans' blue soul mixing together with your own (F/C) one at times and creating something new. You both watched closely, huddled together tightly. This didn't seem to phase the skeleton as much as it did you. Was this perhaps something Sans knew about? Was this something to do with him being a monster in a romantic relationship? You couldn't be too sure. Instead you just watched as the souls faded into the air, returning to their hosts and leaving a sparkling light as they did. You sighed, your tears drying up as Papyrus finally entered with the coffee he had left to make. He placed it on the coffee table gently, sitting on the couch next to his brother. For once he seemed speechless, nothing to say. It would seem that even the loud skeleton knew when silence was needed, this moment being one of them. Thumping on the door made you jump, leaning in closer to the skeleton. Sans just smiled gently and chuckled before the thumping came to a sudden halt. You look up to meet his gaze, his kind and gentle gaze. Something about him always seemed to calm you, stopping even your strongest fears like they were nothing more then a small problem that was eating away at you. Looking past the skeletons, you see that snow fell outside. How could that be? It was summer. Sure, the weather may have been a little chilly but not enough to cause snowfall. You walk up to the window, looking outside, what you saw shocked you to your very core. This wasn't the surface anymore. The entire world seemed to be covered in snow, small wooden houses adorned the streets and a forest lay opposite. Where had Sans taken you? You look over to the skeleton, wanting some sort of explanation. You weren't mad with him, confused yes but not mad. 

" Welp, someone needs a way to get back home if things turn sour " Suddenly you realize how much Sans had laid on his shoulders. If something were to happen on the surface then everyone would need a quick way to get back home. The skeleton house seemed to be some sort of portal to the Underground. Amazed, you continue to look out the window and into the depths of the snowy climate. You feel arms wrap around your waist, keeping a tight grip on you. You rest your hands gently over the skeletal ones that lay on your body, smiling softly. This was Sans' way of protecting you, helping you get away from your world literally. You sigh contently at the thought of the skeleton being your knight in shining armor, a knight who wore a jacket instead of armor because it didn't fit him. You chuckle gently at the thought of Sans in over sized armor as you turn to face him, looking deep into his sockets. Silence settled one again, your face beginning to heat up from the silence and awkwardness that had settled. 

" Stay with us babe. I know it's sudden but we can reenter the surface whenever. I want to keep ya safe and close to me. How about it? Yes or..snow? " You watch as a light blush spreads across the skeleton's cheeks, turning a darker shade of blue with every passing moment. You begin to stutter, finding it hard to find the words. You wanted to move in with him but in the future. Was this all too soon? Your heart moved back and fourth between answers, unable to find what you truly desired. The time you spent with Sans was magical and you never wanted it to end but what would people say if you moved in? Sensing your trouble Sans stands on his tiptoes, kissing you gently to help you make up your mind. The kiss was as soft and warm as before. Warm enough to melt all the snow outside. You part, both of you blushing terribly with both of you unable to see your faces through the emotion. You chuckle, giving Sans a soft kiss back and nodding yes to him, laying your hand on the side of his bony face. The short skeleton just held you tight, like you were a precious jewel that he didn't want to loose. Papyrus looked on. smiling at his brother's happiness. This was a new start, for both of you.